[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2023

FootballingCyclist

5 hours ago, The Ouzo said:

Hospital bend going into town is no joke, especially when you are unfit, have just climbed ou Kapse weg in the blistering heat, didnt get the tail wind you hoped for on the blue route to recover, and now you have to climb Hospital bend to get back to the finish.

They doing ou kaapse weg? I thought it was just to the end of the blue route and back? Like we did the year of the fires. An all out sprint for a hour 12 min for me. 
And yeah, hospital back into town was a toughie, we were on for like a sub 1 hour at that stage. That hill and all the corners in town made the last few km very slow. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Spare a thought for @Me rida my bicycle and his team towing special needs kids along the short route.

Going to be a serious climb with all that extra weight  ......

RESPECT, and well done to you guys :clap:

Not my team I'm just happy to be a part of the Warriors on Wheels. It's nice to be able to do something for the kids and to see them enjoying it really makes me feel all warm and  fuzzy inside 😊 

12 hours ago, Long Wheel Base said:

They doing ou kaapse weg? I thought it was just to the end of the blue route and back? Like we did the year of the fires. An all out sprint for a hour 12 min for me. 
And yeah, hospital back into town was a toughie, we were on for like a sub 1 hour at that stage. That hill and all the corners in town made the last few km very slow. 

no I'm referring to the detour years

Anyone get a 2nd lap e-mail?

Or is there(was there) an option to legally do the long route then the short route if back in time?

7 minutes ago, FootballingCyclist said:

Anyone get a 2nd lap e-mail?

Or is there(was there) an option to legally do the long route then the short route if back in time?

Nope , no second lap invite here

3 hours ago, The Ouzo said:

no I'm referring to the detour years

Ah ja I forgot about those. Flip i'm sure I was still a school lightie in those years. What years was it?

6 minutes ago, Long Wheel Base said:

Ah ja I forgot about those. Flip i'm sure I was still a school lightie in those years. What years was it?

Wasn't it in 2000? Can't remember how many years it went over the detour route

1 hour ago, Long Wheel Base said:

1 hour ago, HdB said:

Wasn't it in 2000? Can't remember how many years it went over the detour route

Some useless info on a Friday and a strange way looking at life.

I am lining up for number 20 this year (Should have been 21, as i was in one of the start groups that was stopped at the bottom of the blue route the year it was canceled.

Anyway, im going off point - It must have been between 1997 and 2005, as that was my student/party years and in my 20 editions i have not done one detour 'Argus'  

Hahaaaaaa

3 minutes ago, BMCfan said:

Some useless info on a Friday and a strange way looking at life.

I am lining up for number 20 this year (Should have been 21, as i was in one of the start groups that was stopped at the bottom of the blue route the year it was canceled.

Anyway, im going off point - It must have been between 1997 and 2005, as that was my student/party years and in my 20 editions i have not done one detour 'Argus'  

Hahaaaaaa

Where are you starting @BMCfan ?

Workday took me out on the short route today ....

Really looking forward to the race :clap:

23 hours ago, Pure Savage said:

See there are about 2500 of us doing the short Argus, wish they could close one lane all the way to top of Llandudno and back on the saturday as the short Argus. 

Best bit of the route and can be a lot more social. Makes it a lot more bang for buck if coming from out of town.

That is quite a wish, there is no practical way to ever do a 2day event.

These things don't just happen easily, the full road closures we get already come against some serious resistance. there might even be some pushback against the short route tying up the M3 inbound all day.

1 minute ago, BMCfan said:

Check the spreadsheet 🤪

1B 😉

Have GOOD one :thumbup:

Has your daughter started doing the CTCT ?