Poor Poor form Meerendal Wine Estate

Richard84

This wine estate do not have a secure place to store bicycles and they refuse to allow you too keep them in your room. They canceled my booking on the eve of my trip there as I expressed dissatisfaction at their plain refusal to assist their guests and make a plan. I do not recommend them at all. What a disgrace.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Richard84 said:

This wine estate do not have a secure place to store bicycles and they refuse to allow you too keep them in your room. They canceled my booking on the eve of my trip there as I expressed dissatisfaction at their plain refusal to assist their guests and make a plan. I do not recommend them at all. What a disgrace.

EXACTLY this. Also ....Rode there one day to go meet a friend at Bossa. Got off at the gate and started pushing my bike in...almost got tackled. was told that bikes arent allowed past the gate/ open bike parking.  It's open and right at the gate??? There were also no other bikes there...I told him straight i was not leaving my bike there alone...phoned my friend and we went next door to Canto instead 

Edited by MORNE

1 minute ago, MORNE said:

EXACTLY this. Also ....Rode there one day to go meet a friend at Bossa. Got off at the gate and started pushing my bike in...almost got tackled. was told to put it there by bike parking. It's open and right at the gate??? there also no other bikes there...I told him straight i was not leaving my bike there...phoned my friend and we went next door to Canto instead 

have you got the details of the manager 

2 minutes ago, Richard84 said:

have you got the details of the manager 

i really don't care....there are enough things to do and places to go around here to just plain snub them. It wont be the first time in their history either.

Edited by MORNE

I am astounded at the absolute arrogance and disrespect. I also had to incur costs to secure alternative accomodation on the eve of my trip. 

Just now, MORNE said:

i really don't care....there are enough things to do and places to go around here to just plain snub them. It wont be the first time in their history either.

100% good luck to them. I sure do not recommend the place 

I also do not use any of the amenities inside the estate, for that exact same reason. I refuse to leave my bike (although not very valuable in monetary sense, but to me it is irreplaceable). How will that guard know that the person leaving with a bike, is in fact the owner. Any person can don a cycling shirt and go and help himself to a bike hanging over a bike rack, in an open area with no access control.

I cycle the 5km odd into town, where there is a myriad venues where my bike is in sight whilst having a post ride coffee and snack. 

16 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

Well, they DO support the Cape not so-Epic . . . what'd you expect 🤣

I'm from JHB so need some clarification on the humour please haha

37 minutes ago, Richard84 said:

This probably belongs here https://www.hellopeter.com/meerendal-boutique-hotel

don't really get the joke either, but it is sad that this estate used to be such a nice place for the weekend rides, and to stay for a post ride beer, now we are not even welcome there anyone, and the trails are far from what they once were, despite the efforts of TBMC

1 hour ago, Wannabe said:

I also do not use any of the amenities inside the estate, for that exact same reason. I refuse to leave my bike (although not very valuable in monetary sense, but to me it is irreplaceable). How will that guard know that the person leaving with a bike, is in fact the owner. Any person can don a cycling shirt and go and help himself to a bike hanging over a bike rack, in an open area with no access control.

I cycle the 5km odd into town, where there is a myriad venues where my bike is in sight whilst having a post ride coffee and snack. 

Last time I was there for an after ride coffee (which is not recent) they did have locks you could use at the bike rack. Which is ok I guess but I prefer to have my bike in sight. And yes there are so many options in the area its just not worth the hassle.

They clearly like the runners more than the cyclists.. last time I went the cycling trails were full of runners and it seemed that it was the normal route for this specific run as there were marshals on site. I'm sure if I put one wheel on the running trails I would have been shot on sight 

15 minutes ago, Skubarra said:

Last time I was there for an after ride coffee (which is not recent) they did have locks you could use at the bike rack. Which is ok I guess but I prefer to have my bike in sight. And yes there are so many options in the area its just not worth the hassle.

1 hour ago, Wannabe said:

Imo it shows just how little they know or care about a huge part of their client base. But we all know it. Just look of the state of it. The Bossa has lured a new type of crowd for them that dops over lunch and it is always BUSY. Just needs an hourly hotel now😅

Why would they care about stupid bicycles. I was there to spend money but they obviously didn't want mine so i went next door. I don't know any cyclists personally that would leave their bike in that space at the gate so far out of view. 
i dont get it because they used to have the same gumpole jobbies that all the places have inside so it’s not like the bikes were lying around everywhere. they obviously just dont want them in view anymore.

1 hour ago, Richard84 said:

I'm from JHB so need some clarification on the humour please haha

Meerendal is ironically the epilogue/start of the 2023 cape epic 😅

Edited by MORNE