QTNA but what WvA was alluding to was the frequency of these "bad habits"

image.gif.4861f98db166a243839f353f2c9b7924.gif

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, OVERDRIVE said:

…and none of us will give you any negative opinions, so you can form your own and enjoy. 

Man that response makes me feel so responsible and good 😂

Thank you!

I have been enjoying following the forum the last few days, general positive vibes all round!

I used the "we" in my question because I really dig Wout and so was taken aback at the "unflattering" nickname. Anyone who can go to those dark corners of pain caves and still find a reason to smile is on my good list. Seems to be a lot of those types in the Tour, hard men who enjoy the grind but also work and care for a team when required. Aspirational stuff.

45 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

GC snakes and ladders today with the race of truth - who will climb up and who will slide down? So hard to predict.

The Olympic champion versus the rainbow jersey versus the yellow jersey vs the defending Dane. 

I know it's all pog vs rog vs remco vs jonas vs juan (the PRRJJ show), but surely one of the two Stefans should take this? They are both well down on GC so I am guessing have been keeping powder dry this week in anticipation for today.

10 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

I know it's all pog vs rog vs remco vs jonas vs juan (the PRRJJ show), but surely one of the two Stefans should take this? They are both well down on GC so I am guessing have been keeping powder dry this week in anticipation for today.

Also very good point 🥳

2 hours ago, NickGM said:

We mostly do. And I'm team MvDP. I really don't know any people who dislike Wout. He's a vintage belgian hardman (a flahute) and complains far too little when you consider how often he's scarified his insane talent for his team's ambitions. I'm sure there is adequate fiscal compensation, but money is temporary and glory is forever. One only needs to consider the 2021 TDF where he was let off the leash because the team's GC ambitions had gone down the toilet. He went on to win a mountain stage, a time trial and sprint. OK those come with a few caveats, but that puts him in some pretty elite company.

Just my opinion.

Tell Sir Wiggins to buy his new home with the Glory of winning the Tour. 

On a 25km flat TT, how big are we expecting the gaps to be between the top GC riders?

I'm guessing less than what Poggie made on the mountain stage?

Although I did a quick fly through the route on Google and there's a few technical corners in small towns that might catch a few riders out.

1 hour ago, Shebeen said:

Hmmmm, good call. But tomorrow is flat, sunday "bumpy" but probably a breakaway vs peloton kinda day, and then monday is a rest. Remco must be the best TT'er of the GC guys and if he gets 2 sec/km on Pogacar he is in yellow. So my guess would be Remco to take the stage and MAYBE the yellow. But ya I like Kung and I'd rather see him win.

43 minutes ago, babse said:

i recon PRRJ will all be within 20s of each bar incidents

As much as I dislike the Pog, he is a sight to behold when he pulls ITT tricks like a man possessed. I recall the 2020(I think) penultimate stage when he smashed Roglic in the ITT to take yellow.

He is a freak .............. It's like his recovery rate is unmatched by anybody. He just gets faster and stronger as the tour goes on.

I see there is a time predictor on the Fantasy site. I rolled the dice and picked a spot on the timeline slider… 28:05

image.png.e34453b23254ce76f932108469f405c8.png

No science, nor Google searching; just a thumb suck based on what I think they can average (55km/h). It doesn’t allow less than 27 minutes, so they must k ow something more than I do.

My guess is that Jonas will ship some time on Poggi, while Roglic will have a similar time to Poggi and Remco to win the stage. Remco is not the world champ for no reason. 

I expect Wout to do well as well. 

Edited by Irvin85

15 hours ago, OVERDRIVE said:

Right am up to date Wout van Whine didn't win, which is a good. 

Poggz leads. 

Girmay still green, also good. 

Evanopoel still white, 

Good day today. 

Out of interest, if you had to decide between Jasper and Wout in your team for TdF as Team Manager, who would you choose and why?

54 minutes ago, nathrix said:

Out of interest, if you had to decide between Jasper and Wout in your team for TdF as Team Manager, who would you choose and why?

Depends on what year WVA you're referring to. 2022 TDF Wout is probably the most valuable rider in any team ever. Won a TT, Mountain Stage, Sprint Stage, got in breakaways, was a perfect satellite rider, dragged Jonas and Roglic out of trouble on multiple days etc. Last year he was nowhere though, and this year he hasn't seemed to be on the same level (probably due to crashes). 

Phillipsen will win you sprint stages though, and is low key a pretty versatile rider. You don't win MSR and come 3rd at Roubaix without some skills, but he's still primarily a sprinter. 

So for my money, if Wout is in 2022 form, he's probably the most valuable rider in the peloton to have in your team. 

1 hour ago, NickGM said:

Hmmmm, good call. But tomorrow is flat, sunday "bumpy" but probably a breakaway vs peloton kinda day, and then monday is a rest. Remco must be the best TT'er of the GC guys and if he gets 2 sec/km on Pogacar he is in yellow. So my guess would be Remco to take the stage and MAYBE the yellow. But ya I like Kung and I'd rather see him win.

Sunday is bumpy.....  with 14 gravel sectors... 
If Strade this year is anything to go by, Pogi is gonna be a force to be reckoned with. It'll be a tough day for the break if the GC teams fight for position before every sector and ramp up the speed.  

6 minutes ago, Mountain Bru said:

Sunday is bumpy.....  with 14 gravel sectors... 
If Strade this year is anything to go by, Pogi is gonna be a force to be reckoned with. It'll be a tough day for the break if the GC teams fight for position before every sector and ramp up the speed.  

Ahhhh right, I'd forgotten about that! You have to think Van Der Poel will have had that one marked on his calendar too. 

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

I see there is a time predictor on the Fantasy site. I rolled the dice and picked a spot on the timeline slider… 28:05

image.png.e34453b23254ce76f932108469f405c8.png

No science, nor Google searching; just a thumb suck based on what I think they can average (55km/h). It doesn’t allow less than 27 minutes, so they must k ow something more than I do.

looking at the current times, you may not be far off