Tour de France 2024

'Dale

Froome not included in the Tour de France. The end of an era for the 4 time winner.

I would imagine that Brandon McNulty of the USA will be included showing off the national jersey he just claimed. 

Wout will be wearing the Belgian tricolor speedsuit in the race against the clock. Remco crashed out after admitting that he "was taking risks" during the time trial. Top Ganna too in the Italian stripes having won the Italian national TT for the 4th time in 5 years. Geez! 

Kruijswijk out for the Dutch-based team in yellow. That is a sizeable loss in high mountain wattage for the team that placed all their GC hopes on a young man that used to work in a Danish fish market.

Min slapies, cycling fans.

Pic: SWPix.comspacer.png

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a bit concerned about Team Jumbo Visma. Without Primoz, Steven and Sepp with Giro in his legs the mountains are going to be tough.  Maybe someone like Attila Valter can assist in the mountains?

JV need to announce that team now! Eish.

4 hours ago, The Ouzo said:

I'm slowly working my way through the netflix series. unfortunately the family has zero interest in it, so I can only watch a little bit here and there when they are not around.

Its rather interesting to see behind the scenes of a race you've watched. Wish there was a little more indepth look at what goes on behind the scenes, but I guess there is a level of teams wanting to keep some things secret, as well as needing to appeal to non cyclists.

Wish I understood french though, then there would be less reading and more enjoying the visuals.

benefits of an indoor trainer, hours in the saddle means you have hours to yourself with the tv remote. 2 birds with 1 stone. 

12 minutes ago, edgarblount said:

I am a bit concerned about Team Jumbo Visma. Without Primoz, Steven and Sepp with Giro in his legs the mountains are going to be tough.  Maybe someone like Attila Valter can assist in the mountains?

JV need to announce that team now! Eish.

Add to that that WvA is likely to leave the Tour early as he expects the birth of his child.

31 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

Froome not included in the Tour de France. The end of an era for the 4 time winner.

I would imagine that Brandon McNulty of the USA will be included showing off the national jersey he just claimed. 

Wout will be wearing the Belgian tricolor speedsuit in the race against the clock. Remco crashed out after admitting that he "was taking risks" during the time trial. Top Ganna too in the Italian stripes having won the Italian national TT for the 4th time in 5 years. Geez! 

Kruijswijk out for the Dutch-based team in yellow. That is a sizeable loss in high mountain wattage for the team that placed all their GC hopes on a young man that used to work in a Danish fish market.

Min slapies, cycling fans.

Pic: SWPix.comspacer.png

Impey also not included in the the ISN squad.

Froome has said he will continue to train hard to return next year.

33 minutes ago, FootballingCyclist said:

Froome has said he will continue to train hard to return next year.

There's fight in the old dog yet !

1 hour ago, splat said:

There's fight in the old dog yet !

But is his bark bigger than his bite?

If Froome is earning the estimated €5.5 million, is it the worst deal in cycling history in terms of returns in results?

The film on GCN+, showed him in Africa (Tour of Rwanda). He states that he’s not in top form, but will continue to work hard to get back to the top. He was certainly struggling to stay with conti-level riders.

IMG_1611.png.cb13c87fdd4b7aafbcf398f5c10a5443.png

Great thanks, but I see… I already have a Mechanical! Those historical quiz questions have sucker punched me in pre warm up 😝. Talk about a steel frame with a little rust. 😂😂😂

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

The film on GCN+, showed him in Africa (Tour of Rwanda). He states that he’s not in top form, but will continue to work hard to get back to the top. He was certainly struggling to stay with conti-level riders.

IMG_1611.png.cb13c87fdd4b7aafbcf398f5c10a5443.png

Personally… I think he should quit, his body just isn’t the same. Riders generally never comeback to the same form. We have many riders who have tried, the list is endless and I could throw in a whole host of names. Froome was good in his time and I’d prefer to remember him for that, than watch him miss training sessions when his got injures that flair up.(again). We all wish for better days, but sometimes you gotta ego check and look to the future. 

1 hour ago, betaboy said:

Personally… I think he should quit, his body just isn’t the same. Riders generally never comeback to the same form. We have many riders who have tried, the list is endless and I could throw in a whole host of names. Froome was good in his time and I’d prefer to remember him for that, than watch him miss training sessions when his got injures that flair up.(again). We all wish for better days, but sometimes you gotta ego check and look to the future. 

Yeah agreed. 

He is going backwards very fast. But can't fault him for doing what his doing for his future by raking in the millions and robbing that team blindly 🤣

I did not read the whole thread so not sure if it was mentioned however is there anyway to watch TDF properly without having dstv. I don't mind taking a 1 month subscription to watch online

20 minutes ago, RRIBike said:

I did not read the whole thread so not sure if it was mentioned however is there anyway to watch TDF properly without having dstv. I don't mind taking a 1 month subscription to watch online

Tsek jou WhatsApp