Tour de France 2024

'Dale

3 minutes ago, Frosty said:

I wonder how much Wout misses being part of the celebrations as team winners, vs being there for the birth? 

Dunno..... I would give up any celebrations of any sort to be with my wife while she has my baby every single day of every single week

For me, that feeling/experience is incomparable 

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

Dunno..... I would give up any celebrations of any sort to be with my wife while she has my baby every single day of every single week

no contest

26 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

Given that he “gifted” a win to Laporte earlier this year, and he left when Jonas was 7 minutes up, shows that his career is not “the be all and end all”.

Seeing that photo, I am thinking that my hopes of WvA being competitive at the World Championships might be a bit optimistic... 

19 hours ago, The Ouzo said:

@J Wakefield, whilst you're still around, I was wondering about something on my ride yesterday.

What is the average zone a rider sits in during a TDF ?

Obviously there are many factors at play, like what kind of stage it is, what the riders role on the team is etc. But if you can give a ball park.

The other thing I was wondering.

When there is a shot close enough that you can see the riders glasses clearly, they are never dirty of full of sweat, but I'll take a zone 2 ride and the sweat will obscure my vision. Granted I'm wearing cheap glasses, but are their coated with something ?

Whoop have done a study using the data from the 2022 Tour (men’s and women’s edition), that is currently in pre-print version, pending a peer review. Obviously only covers the riders using the device.

They published this on their blog, which doesn’t say much, so hopefully the research paper has more detail. 

https://www.whoop.com/thelocker/whoop-study-tracks-professional-cyclists-in-first-of-its-kind-continuous-race-monitoring/

Was mentioned, and briefly discussed, on this podcast (link below). Was an interesting discussion.

https://podcasts.apple.com/za/podcast/the-podium/id1516026786?i=1000622190830

What an amazing tour it's been, the incident on Col de la loze could've been catastrophic if Pog had dropped Jonas.. 😳 

• 1 month later...

The last road race for the enigmatic Slovakian this weekend. What a bike racer! 
I bought at least two pairs of 100% sunnies, inspired by the brand that is Peter Sagan.

Pic: Team Bora-Hansgrohe

IMG_3131.jpeg

Tour de France 2024:

Cav signs another year with Astana with a much better contract

Roglič to sign with a certain German team and return next year to pursue the Golden Fleece?

Remco - where art thou going?

Cervelô to make way for Specialized with the most successful team in 2023?

9 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

Tour de France 2024:

Cav signs another year with Astana with a much better contract

And is joined there by one of the best lead-out men in the peloton.

IMG_2901.jpeg.dcee25e6548a2702a01254989d328943.jpeg

Edited by Frosty

I think he signed for 2 years. The team did try to sign him 8 years ago or something. 

IMG_3206.jpeg

Edited by 'Dale

• 3 weeks later...

2024 route revealed, starting in Florence, ending in Nice. 

GC favourites - Pog, Rog and the Dane, I guess. Where is the French champion? And who can succeed Nibali in the Italian space.

Gee signs for another 2 years with Ineos. 16th or something years as a professional. Who will represent the UK-based outfit?

IMG_3520.jpeg