Tour de France 2024

'Dale

1 hour ago, F@yino said:

Jonas post race interview he says he did 1 of his best rides ever. I think Pogi has just reached another level this season. UAE undoubtedly have a stronger team in the mountains this year as well.

This.

Even if Jonas was 110% im not quite sure he'd have the beating of Pog anyway. UAE team are all on fire. Pog seems more at home in the big mountains than he ever has (he stated this in an interview the other day, this is what they worked for). 

Kudos to Visma LAB for laying it out there today. It had to be done. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tadej is the only guy that seems to be in with a realistic shot of matching the record set by Cav:

Currently on 14 wins, he needs 21 more. Assuming he keeps his hit rate of three wins per tour, he could actually make it by age 32, which seems doable.

(PS. Three more Mountain stages left in this edition, so he could be on 6 wins in Nice if he and UAE wants to..)

On 7/12/2024 at 3:43 PM, Mamil said:

Does anyone elses DStv streaming service periodically just go to a blank screen and only starts again if you go back to launch screen and click through again?

You have to love the irony of something this unreliable, reliably breaking right at the peak moments of a race/fight/game. 

2 hours ago, Vetplant said:

Tadej is the only guy that seems to be in with a realistic shot of matching the record set by Cav:

Currently on 14 wins, he needs 21 more. Assuming he keeps his hit rate of three wins per tour, he could actually make it by age 32, which seems doable.

(PS. Three more Mountain stages left in this edition, so he could be on 6 wins in Nice if he and UAE wants to..)

He actually hinted at it in the post stage interview on Saturday or maybe it was Friday. I can’t rewatch previous stages with dstv stream like I could with disc+

.. in addition, the boys on The Move suggested that Pogi dominating the Giro and Tour isn’t going to win him or UAE any friends in the peloton. Other teams also want a slice of winning pie. I get it, share some spoils, everyone has to eat but when Jonas looked to be on the ascendency at the end of week 1 they were all in for him wanting to win more all the big mountain stages. A heavy dose of “Omertà” hypocrisy in that podcast sometimes. Old habits die hard I guess. 
if Pogi can win the remaining mountain top finishes ( I suspect he’s like to have another minute in hand to allow for any mechanical of crashes or even cross winds split in tomorrow’s stage, I’m sure he will take it. I would like to see a real bike racer break Merckx record as would Mr. Merckx I suspect

Edited by DieselnDust

Does anyone elses DStv streaming service periodically just go to a blank screen and only starts again if you go back to launch screen and click through again?

You're not the only one, no.

27 minutes ago, Spinnaroonie said:

You have to love the irony of something this unreliable, reliably breaking right at the peak moments of a race/fight/game. 

I am glad to hear that it is not just me experiencing this issues. It is damn annoying though. 

22 minutes ago, Irvin85 said:

I am glad to hear that it is not just me experiencing this issues. It is damn annoying though. 

And there I was thinking it was a Tiz issue 😉 

No such blank screen problems using Sporza; heck, they even have subtitles which helps with certain words/phrases that I might not comprehend.

The only real problem is that they disabled screenshots (black screen).

Happens so often!
I drop the resolution, but that doesn't help
Control F5 sometimes works
Sometimes go back and launch again
Eventually get really cross and give up. Fuming!

I've been watching alternately via (I think it's called) Stream fire /Sortsfireand on Eurosports UK. Nicer commentators, I think one is Robbie McEwan. Sorry for uncertainty, I only tried it yesterday. Picture resolution not as good but they do live interviews from motorbikes etc 

Edited by love2fly

19 minutes ago, love2fly said:

I've been watching alternately via (I think it's called) Stream fire /Sortsfireand on Eurosports UK. Nicer commentators, I think one is Robbie McEwan. Sorry for uncertainty, I only tried it yesterday. Picture resolution not as good but they do live interviews from motorbikes etc 

That’s the Eurosport feed also available on discovery+

10 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

That’s the Eurosport feed also available on discovery+

Aha......mine is free 😬. Also has all the Supersport channels, NBC, ESPN and about 50 others.