B&B Hotels are no more

FootballingCyclist

You reckon Doug would sign Cavs again on a 1 year contract for his new Q36.5 team merely for the media presence and exposure he will receive and the team aswell and then they would almost be guaranteed an invitation to the 2023 Tdf which the new Pro team obviously don't have as yet, especially with Nibali aswell being part of their staff and he himself also Tdf yellow jersey winner. I mean Cavs did amazing things in his 1st season for Di Data which also increased their popularity massively.

4 minutes ago, FootballingCyclist said:

You reckon Doug would sign Cavs again on a 1 year contract for his new Q36.5 team merely for the media presence and exposure he will receive and the team aswell and then they would almost be guaranteed an invitation to the 2023 Tdf which the new Pro team obviously don't have as yet, especially with Nibali aswell being part of their staff and he himself also Tdf yellow jersey winner. I mean Cavs did amazing things in his 1st season for Di Data which also increased their popularity massively.

Nah , too much bad blood there

14 minutes ago, FootballingCyclist said:

B&B are/were a tier 2 team (Pro Tour), like MvdP and Sagan’s teams (see list below).

Q36.5 are Pro Conti (tier 3), so basically the same as ProTouch racing as an African Pro Conti license. No way a Pro Conti team would get an invite ahead of ProTour teams.

UCI ProTeams

•  

15 minutes ago, FootballingCyclist said:

Was it Cavs and Doug or the other management at the time?? 

Not sure , there was a falling out and Cav alluded to issues with Doug

4 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

Koretsky had joined Bora so he will be riding a Spez next year. At least he is sorted

Limited calender - focus is still xc

Edited by J Wakefield

3 hours ago, J Wakefield said:

the more versatile you are as a rider...it can appear very attractive to a team...I like the approach..

11 hours ago, J Wakefield said:

I'm just wondering what would be the appeal to a team like Bora to take on a guy like Victor? Is it just to reach a wider fan base? I guess the additional logistics of managing a mountain biker isn't onerous but this does require additional support staff.

There's a bunch of roadies spinning around Stellies with Alan on MTB's so the trend is catchy

2 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

I'm just wondering what would be the appeal to a team like Bora to take on a guy like Victor? Is it just to reach a wider fan base? I guess the additional logistics of managing a mountain biker isn't onerous but this does require additional support staff.

There's a bunch of roadies spinning around Stellies with Alan on MTB's so the trend is catchy

There are sometimes a few factors that lead to this cross but there is a media release 1 Jan about Victor that adds more context to the move.

21 hours ago, FootballingCyclist said:

Pretty sad to see this as B&B Hotels are no more. It was initially reported that due to lack of sponsorship, they would atleast still have a Pro-Conti team, Now it seems they will fold completely. Sucks as a Cavs fan as the move to them was almost set in stone. Where to now for Cavs one wonders??

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/bandb-hotels-team-in-total-collapse/ 

must be a shortlist of teams with gaps left on the roster.

I think he will need to be a beggar rather than a chooser, his trump card is breaking Merckx record but that is a big gamble for anyone to take on. Would need to be the bring own sponsor with kickbacks if he breaks it sort of deal.

I wonder if he is desperate enough for something ridiculous like a 1 year deal with Astana?

but then again, what do i know about how this actually works?

Cav needs a proper lead out train to win, hence his return to winning with QS. they have probably the best lead out train around. Look at all Cavs dominance it came from teams fully dedicated to his lead out. Highroad / QS / When Renshaw was around and Cav had form. 

This means any team he goes to needs to deliver this for him and means that going to the tour they only going really for the potential of a sprint stage win.