MyWhoosh - free to use

31 minutes ago, Chadvdw67 said:

Tried downloading MyWhoosh last night, my pc doesnt even attempt to open it 🤣 downloaded IndieVelo, will give that a whirl, I have been enjoying Zwift, but meed to cut costs wherever I can, and if I can replace Zwift, that is quite a nice saving

Did you check the min specification before trying to install it? https://www.mywhoosh.com/docs/what-devices-are-compatible-with-mywhoosh/

There are also 2 versions of Mywoosh HD and Mywoosh, the latter is for lower spec pc's, see here on download page https://www.mywhoosh.com/getting-started-mywhoosh-cycling-app/

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, shaper said:

Did you check the min specification before trying to install it? https://www.mywhoosh.com/docs/what-devices-are-compatible-with-mywhoosh/

There are also 2 versions of Mywoosh HD and Mywoosh, the latter is for lower spec pc's, see here on download page https://www.mywhoosh.com/getting-started-mywhoosh-cycling-app/

I did, but not going to lie, I have no idea what any of that stuff means 🤣 I tried downloading both options, neither one opened, all I know is my PC is VERY basic, so not surprised at all that it doesn't work, a friend said I should try it on my phone, so will give that a whirl as well, for now, will try IndieVelo

23 minutes ago, Chadvdw67 said:

I did, but not going to lie, I have no idea what any of that stuff means 🤣 I tried downloading both options, neither one opened, all I know is my PC is VERY basic, so not surprised at all that it doesn't work, a friend said I should try it on my phone, so will give that a whirl as well, for now, will try IndieVelo

My PC (laptop) is so old they don't even make electricity for ir anymore, thus downloading MyWhoosh on it was a bust.

Downloaded the App on my Oppo Android phone, and surprise surprise, it works. Picks up my quite basic Saris M2 wheel on trainer (even Though MyWhoosh says they do not support it) Speed, cadence and Power works, resistance is there in "Freeride" mode., It just does not pick up my Instinct2 watch, thus there is no HR (MyWhoosh also does not support the Instinct2) 

Works reasonable well, minimum buffering and pixelation, but all the settings that I could find was set to minimum.

Edited by Wannabe
Spelling

35 minutes ago, Wannabe said:

My PC (laptop) is so old they don't even make electricity for ir anymore, thus downloading MyWhoosh on it was a bust.

Downloaded the App on my Oppo Android phone, and surprise surprise, it works. Picks up my quite basic Saris M2 wheel on trainer (even Though MyWhoosh says they do not support it) Speed, cadence and Power works, resistance is there in "Freeride" mode., It just does not pick up my Instinct2 watch, thus there is no HR (MyWhoosh also does not support the Instinct2) 

Works reasonable well, minimum buffering and pixelation, but all the settings that I could find was set to minimum.

I think its your phone that does not support ANT+, that what the garmin watches use to transmit the HR.

Don't waste your time on Mywhoosh, Indievelo is a far simpler setup with way less hardware specs requirements and does exactly what Swift does and a bit more. 

37 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

Golden Cheetah FTW. Couldn't be simpler and lots of great tools for data nerds on top.

V3.6 looks much better than what I remember...

Unfortunately simply watching the "What's New in GoldenCheetah Version 3.6" video made me feel quite stupid. I guess my TrainerRoad subscription can be seen as my dumb tax 🤦‍♂️😁
I should test it again.

Anyone tried Rolla before?

Also free to use, supports Android, not virtual routes but actual recorded footage. Can be downloaded to smart TV and app on Android device. 

Gonna give it a try this afternoon. Feedback to follow.

I'm not the most technical savvy guy around, but I found the process to download and connect quite easy.

1)You need a Fire Stick of some sort connected to your TV, as the program is Cloud Based.

2) Download Rolla App onto said Fire Stick from the App Store / Play Store

3) Download Rolla App to you phone from their website. 

4) To start a session, both TV/Fire Stick and Phone must be open on Rolla App. It is not the most intuitive app, but with a bit of fiddling I got it going, pairing my Trainer and Garmin Instinct without hassle. It was a bit of a schlep, as I could not find any how-to instructions, if there is any.  But perseverance paid off in the end.

I inserted my Ant+ dongle into an empty slot at the back of my TV, not entirely sure if this was necessary, but I had Speed, Distance, Power, Cadence and HR data displayed and recorded. As a backup I recorded on my Instinct at the same time and got all the same data recorded and downloaded to Garmin. It also uploads to Strava.

The riding experience was acceptable to me, as my requirements and expectations was quite low. (Lol) There's not a lot of routes to choose from, but as the App is still in BETA, I'm sure more will be added. I tested three of the shorter routes, and the roads was empty, with only a handful of other riders coming from the front, and two who passed me from behind. There was a number of runners on the routes as well. The graphics are OK, actual routes, but completely devoid of any other activity, like spectators, cars, banners, etc. like on Rouvy, MyWhoosh and Zwift. I actually prefer it like this, as I'm there for the riding / training, and not entertainment. The riding experience felt quite realistic on inclines and downhill. You could even freewheel to a gradual stop. There is no drafting, or segments like on some of the other Apps.

So, if you are looking for an alternative that is not heavy on resources, and FREE, head on over and give this one a go.

Edited by Wannabe