XCADEY Power Meter

TheoG

2 minutes ago, TheoG said:

Thanks, was that also about 6-7 months from you got it?  If yes, then it seems like mine is a battery issue also.

Yeah, also around the 6 month mark...

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Grease_Monkey said:

Yeah, also around the 6 month mark...

Before this I was very happy with it, but must say now disappointed.  It mean it is a consistent issues that could have been avoided with proper R&D to ensure the battery is good quality and last for more than just 6 months .... :( 

Edit:  Will still try to get it replaced under warranty but will not buy it again after that.

Edited by TheoG

4 minutes ago, babse said:

dont stress...

yours makes 30 extra watts, why would you not be happy?

not now that I told it to only report 95% of  what it reads 😅

this is weird. mine if plug to charge, then pull it out, rotate, it's turn on, my bike comp/phone can detect. but this morning, when start riding, its wont turn on again. lol

my seller offer service in their place, maybe next week will send to them, hope fully can fix it, before i purchase assioma uno

If the product was bought locally,(SA) and you have the proof of puchase (invoice)....You will have a 18 month warrentee and nothing to stress about.I've sold many of the local (SA) XCADEY units and not a single one has come back with a issue.

It might be some bad luck @TheoG or those Ali-suppliers overseas are selling products that aint legit.

1 hour ago, CARANXCycleMobile said:

If the product was bought locally,(SA) and you have the proof of puchase (invoice)....You will have a 18 month warrentee and nothing to stress about.I've sold many of the local (SA) XCADEY units and not a single one has come back with a issue.

It might be some bad luck @TheoG or those Ali-suppliers overseas are selling products that aint legit.

Thanks André, but that doesn't help me much ... :) 

I'm pretty sure the unit is legit.  Will keep trying to contact them.

The only thing that put me off about this unit was the sealed battery design. If something goes wrong it would appear it's basically becomes a paper weight. But for the price I was prepared to take the risk.

Will have to wait and see it it gives issues. Hopefully by then you would have sorted yours out. 

• 1 month later...

I bought one in August of 2021 direct from Sigeyi and have had 0 issues so far, very consistent power readings and awesome battery life, I hardly ever charge it.

Would definitely recommend!

Edited by TimRusso
Spelling

17 minutes ago, Dexter-morgan said:

So it seems like it as hit and miss, how does it compare to Sigey power meters? does anyone have any experience?

Sigey Power Meters are used by the EuroSteel Pyga team, if i'm not mistaken it might be Phillip Buys's business that brings them in 

Edited by DeanWort
corrected myself

14 minutes ago, TimRusso said:

I bought one in August of 2021 direct from Sigeyi and have had 0 issues so far, very consistent power readings and awesome battery life, I hardly ever charge it.

Would definitely recommend!

do they also come with a setting to correct the readings like Xcadey ? I think that is brilliant because let's face it, not often two power meters read the same, and when you train on different bikes it's nice to have some consistency.... I set my Xcadey to report 95% of what it reads... First time I did 5mins intervals on it I smashed my PB numbers 🤣