races & results

idrive

Here's my gripe.

A race isn't a race unless there are results.

In this day and age of electronic communication methods surely it is possible, without much effort of publishing results almost as soon as competitors have crossed the line.

The Medscheme Walkerville race charged us an entry which was made up by taking into account and costs of various suppliers like medical and timing.

So why, over 24 hours later aren't they able to publish a set of results .... not even on the winning time website? 

Anyone know an email address for Medscheme's marketing director?

I must say I agree. I can't believe that more that almost 48 hours after the race and the results still can't be found. Very, very poor showing.

At number collection I was told the results would be up on www.cyclingnews.co.za, yesterday!!! Thumbs%20Down

This is really appalling when you consider that much smaller races like Babba's not only have the results available on the web the same day as the race, but also manage to cover the cost of supplying the timing chip (in the number board) at a very similar entry cost.

markStockton2008-07-15 00:18:57

dude we still waiting for the seeding index to be updated with the vasbyt and the bela bela, don't hold your breath with these guys, you pay for a service you don't receive, which is basically the SA style now!

Same as Knysna MTB it took about 3-4 days to get onto WT website where the road race was on by the afternoon the race took place. I am sure that we paid the same entry fee as the roadies.

This seems to be a problem with the MTB community. It is kind of frustrating.

I really can't see the problem . So what if you gotta wait 2 , 3 or 4 days for your results ! You only need the result to confirm that you did start your Polar 20 minutes into the race !!! Or would you rather they make haste with the results and then cock it up ? Electronic timing adds to the cost of the race and I don't think we need that !

dude we still waiting for the seeding index to be updated with the vasbyt and the bela bela

Yip, and kremetart. Angry

A MTB event cannot be clasified as a "Race"......

So why the fuss?

Yoh - nou gaan jy die ouens met die baggies, tekkies en T-shirts kwaad maak ...... LOL

No BB I agree with ou spinnekop . Try and beat your mate but still ensure that you enjoy the "race" .

I really can't see the problem . Electronic timing adds to the cost of the race and I don't think we need that !

I don't mind waiting a day or two for results, but walkerville results are very basic. SS timing is not very electronic, and their results have age, gender overall position etc. I heard the guy call out our numbers, but there is a 5 minutes gap between myself and my friend who finished right behind me.

Maybe the chick who was typing in the numbers got sore fingers and she took time out to recover??

DR, it's really important for the roadies to know that they are sprinted for 387th place. Results on aMTB race is not important. All that counts is if you beat your pal.