What's your Eddington number?

Mamil

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As others mentioned just an interesting number to observe ... at 62 years of age and currently dealing with issues that have brought my riding to a standstill for a while with no real prospect of getting back to it soon I guess 'it is what it is' as the cool kids say. 

I can tell my grand children about it though 😜

Screenshot_20230114-211012_Chrome.jpg

1 hour ago, NotSoBigBen said:

As others mentioned just an interesting number to observe ... at 62 years of age and currently dealing with issues that have brought my riding to a standstill for a while with no real prospect of getting back to it soon I guess 'it is what it is' as the cool kids say. 

I can tell my grand children about it though 😜

Screenshot_20230114-211012_Chrome.jpg

What issues have you off the bike if you don't mind the question?

10 hours ago, Mamil said:

What issues have you off the bike if you don't mind the question?

Suffice to say a combination of personal and health/injury issues... how and when they'll be resolved is difficult to say but staying positive

On 1/13/2023 at 4:28 PM, Mamil said:

www.swinny.net pulls your strava data to calculate your Eddington number. That's the largest number (E) where you've ridden E distance on E days. So if you've ridden 50km on 50 different days your Eddington number is 50.

Mine is 106 (in km)- up from 100 at the beginning of 2022.

Sure there's some hubbers with E=100 miles?

sounds like an absolute joke of a metric to me. Honestly like strava year in sport it is just measuring digits. You should be looking at metrics that show the quality sessions you are doing. Because far too many do a lot of junk miles just to have a good topline number to swing around at the coffee table after yet another junk mile ride on sat morning...

1 minute ago, dave303e said:

sounds like an absolute joke of a metric to me. Honestly like strava year in sport it is just measuring digits. You should be looking at metrics that show the quality sessions you are doing. Because far too many do a lot of junk miles just to have a good topline number to swing around at the coffee table after yet another junk mile ride on sat morning...

Ha ha ... Or just enjoy riding bikes 

5 minutes ago, Mamil said:

Ha ha ... Or just enjoy riding bikes 

would you need a number to share around and discuss publically to show how much you enjoy riding your bike? Or would you just be out riding your bike instead...

6 minutes ago, dave303e said:

would you need a number to share around and discuss publically to show how much you enjoy riding your bike? Or would you just be out riding your bike instead...

No and yes ... doesn't mean I don't like looking at interesting numbers ... to me. You don't need to check yours or discuss it or lose any sleep 🤔

11 minutes ago, dave303e said:

Have a nice day Dave 

2 hours ago, dave303e said:

Why so serious? - Its really just a bit of fun / useless but interesting trivia

And yet I see most of these riders doing "junk miles" being top fit and able to compete.

would you need a number to share around and discuss publicly to show how much you enjoy riding your bike? Or would you just be out riding your bike instead...

You sound like a millennial.  

Dammed be the one that measures something.  We are all winners.  Everything is good.  All achievements are equal.

Leave the guys to brag about their achievements.  It's awesome to see.
Good for them I say. 
Won't hurt my ego.  

to some of us the stats are part of the fun of riding our bikes.

As an engineer, generating and analyzing a great graph gets me right in that funny spot between your tollie and your bellybutton that goes fuzzy when you crest an intersection at speed in a car.

I'm evidently;

1. All about consistency....
image.png.3e2b890a225836a0c801b24b4eae6f23.png

2. Non-religious:

image.png.86af51c27ff93e5d3ffc0c77e13e588c.png

3. An early bird:

image.png.908a8910237ecff513b2e445ffbc63cc.png

4. That loves posting an activity on Strava during work trips for the fynbrag:

image.png.2ea5d918a44d3dfd79a58b861a490573.png

I can't make sense of that number but I just realised that healthfit (the app I'm using to communicate between "actual" fitness apps and apple health) also shows it.

Mine is 94. I expected something lower since most my rides are during the week and between 1h and 1,5 hours, only on weekends I ride longer and not often more than 100km (except on race days).

Most of the other stats are more interesting though ;)

image.png.411b5eb81b037c9e655e2f57ca061e02.pngShows that for the first time in 2022 I had an off season and a base season.

image.png.29033dbcc47db497ad11c77fd40d16e4.png

Year cumulative shows a smooth progression but the distance per week (It should be moving time per week though as distance doesn't mean much IMO) shows I'm not so good at ramping up 3 weeks then rest 1 week.

image.png.2bf3a6c514644cdf63d85a35d1814bc0.png

Surprised monday isn't lower as it's usually my rest day

Country statistics is spoilt by Zwift rides

Edited by Jbr