American Classic Spokes

Marius

How many rides is it going to take before I break another spoke?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. How many rides is it going to take before I break another spoke?

• more

Just got my American Classic wheel back, they replaced the one spoke since no1 in this stupid City has DT Swiss Black spokes. ANyway, They replaced 3spoks the other day and I broke one during my first ride the last time. The weekend before that i also broke a spoke.

I'm going to ride tonight, do you think it'll break again??OuchAngry
Marius2006-11-01 07:50:49

I don't think it's about not having, I think it's a case of not having ordered due to low demand, have the wheel rebuilt using DT Competition silver spokes? What's the problem?

Cuz they don't MATCH!!!Ouch MaYBE I sould just spray paint them....thx DR!! Marius2006-11-01 08:01:33

Having the wheel re built is the only sensible option if you want to avoid more headaches (please do it)

Going to have it done BikeMax!! Just need a spare wheel while they doing it. I found some1 with spokes, I can't say who otherwise ppl will go there and steel my spokes!!! Will see if I can have it done by next week.

I have the same set of wheels. Broke atleast one spoke a race. Sent the wheels back to the suppliers to be rebuilt, no I only break a spoke every two races! Confused And I only weigh 67 kg's.

I weigh a bit more than that...anyways, I think you should have them rebuild with DT SWiss spokes and see if it works, I don't know what else to do..

I'm gonna rebuild them with DT revolution spokes for the OFM. It that does'nt work they will find a spot against the wall in the garage...

I could bring you a WHOLE (or more if you need) box of genuine DT Swiss spokes if you like, the ones they sell overseas are probably factory rejects - these Suisses are a devious bunch.

Will be in SA last 3 weeks of Nov

At least you won't be breaking them in the race on the weekend, now that you have those nice new tubbies....

Sorry ek wou mos se jy gaan in jou eerste ride weer 'n speek laat waai. Raai wat gebeur vanmiddag met my??? Ja, my oefenride was net 12 minute lank en ek is een speek minder!

Raai watter wiele ry ek...... American Classic.  (spit, spit and sign of the evil eye)

You need to have them rebuilt by a decent wheel builder, a good builder will charge +- R200.00 to rebuild, excl spokes.  I weigh 90Kg and have never broken a spoke in 5 years.

The key to a good wheel is even spoke tension, something you cannot measure with just pulling the spokes....
obree2006-11-02 00:19:03