Western Cape Enduro 2023

MORNE

8 minutes ago, 117 said:

Nope, the #endurobro's are worried that lycra and spandex are going to take over the baggies and mandatory knee guards down by your ankles after the ride for the rest of the day brigade 

Arguably that's still a better look than the stained sweaty spandex ....

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Headshot said:

Arguably that's still a better look than the stained sweaty spandex ....

The girls look better in tights than baggies 😘

26 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

I also wanna know

I think if you ride in gravity oriented kit, make jokes about spandex and drink only craft beer/fancy coffee and hang out in groups you may be one. I know I have certain traits, but generally ride alone, so maybe I'm not 🙂. Or perhaps you're a #gravelbro. Its very confusing.

An Endurobro is someone who always talks about shredding the gnar, sending it, hates on people who don't shred the gnar like they do, always talks about tire pressure/shock/fork setup, is not generally 'fit' but wants to be, but also hates on fit people because obviously, due to being fit, are JUST fit and don't shred gnar..... 

I guess they own at least one piece of teal coloured clothing, flat pedals and judge other guys with a clipless interface. Some wear entirely too much flannel, which is fine because they tend to walk/push most of the tough climbs anyway (or ride an ebike these days).

Often seen taking chicken lines and missing gap jumps or scoping them out for a really long time on a 'session'.

Always under or overbiked according to who they are talking to. 

Often usus beer as a form of currency/reward/motivational tool 

Very often super judgemental of trail networks not having enough gnar

Despite all of the above, most of them are generally 'good okes' who blame their outbursts on their passion for shredding gnar and churning loam.

Some might even take offence to the above but hopefully they will see it's funny because it's true and isn't meant to be taken seriously. 

1 hour ago, Jewbacca said:

An Endurobro is someone who always talks about shredding the gnar, sending it, hates on people who don't shred the gnar like they do, always talks about tire pressure/shock/fork setup, is not generally 'fit' but wants to be, but also hates on fit people because obviously, due to being fit, are JUST fit and don't shred gnar..... 

I guess they own at least one piece of teal coloured clothing, flat pedals and judge other guys with a clipless interface. Some wear entirely too much flannel, which is fine because they tend to walk/push most of the tough climbs anyway (or ride an ebike these days).

Often seen taking chicken lines and missing gap jumps or scoping them out for a really long time on a 'session'.

Always under or overbiked according to who they are talking to. 

Often usus beer as a form of currency/reward/motivational tool 

Very often super judgemental of trail networks not having enough gnar

Despite all of the above, most of them are generally 'good okes' who blame their outbursts on their passion for shredding gnar and churning loam.

Some might even take offence to the above but hopefully they will see it's funny because it's true and isn't meant to be taken seriously. 

Did ChatGPT write this for you? 😆

Then I'm guilty as charged your honour. @MORNE will agree with my self assessment.

The accusations fit the crime. But then, at least I'm not dressed as a lycra tiger sending it down the rhinos. And I don't own a gravel bike.

😉:ph34r:🤣

Nice. Lots of rounds by the sound of it and the trails actually look super fun. Not to mention, lots to do for the family while we go fall down mountains.

also…time to finally dig out that maxxis minion SS I have. Perfect rear tire for that. Mach 3 enabled👀

C8641557-0389-481A-8EDA-E448A5FE991C.jpeg

Edited by MORNE

THAT climb🤪…..

also, im not so sure about the 2pm start. The worst part of the day is in the beginning. I rode there today, started around 1, and it was hectic. If it pushes 30* that weekend it will be tough.
Imo these trails are more difficult that Spez Paarl’s.  
i agree fully with @PhilipV that going fast here will require lots of skills and be scary. So so so loose. Like riversand marbles over hardpack. Lots of deep sand in spots too. Super sketch. 
Pinecone is a nice trail….when you eventually get there🤣.

Edited by MORNE

We will be there for the Paarl race…. But with all due respect: 2pm start on a hot Paarl day is going to be torture. Especially on the northen side of that rock. Not a great idea.

On 2/17/2023 at 10:51 AM, Headshot said:

Any piece of trail that's vaguely downhill fits the bill as a #enduro track actually.  FYI - DH tracks as raced at the WC DH series are not the most gnarly things you'll find. They're designed to encourage participation and avoid injury.  The JH enduro course is both physically more demanding and technically harder than all the WC DH races . Its a bit of a crazy situation because shuttle uplifted DH riders are at least wearing better protection than most #enduro bros. 

The sport has to grow somehow and having events like the Paarl fest races is a way to do that. I think the  #endurobro's are worried the XC okes are going to out pedal them 🙂 

JH enduro course physically more demanding and technically harder than all the WC DH races, are we talking about Jonkers trails here? Cause I'm confused.

Edited by Heinrich Hattingh

14 hours ago, Heinrich Hattingh said:

JH enduro course physically more demanding and technically harder than all the WC DH races, are we talking about Jonkers trails here? Cause I'm confused.

Why - it says "JH Enduro" - that's the comparison. The JH DH track is less technical than at least three of the stages on the JH enduro. Paarl is not very technical at all and Zevenwacht requires good jumping skills rather than an ability to ride rocks and tech.  

On 2/18/2023 at 5:39 PM, MORNE said:

Nice. Lots of rounds by the sound of it and the trails actually look super fun. Not to mention, lots to do for the family while we go fall down mountains.

also…time to finally dig out that maxxis minion SS I have. Perfect rear tire for that. Mach 3 enabled👀

C8641557-0389-481A-8EDA-E448A5FE991C.jpeg

Not really of you value rear braking grip. There is a reason why semi-slick tyres have fallen by the wayside.