Western Cape Enduro 2023

MORNE

12 hours ago, Meezo said:

My guess is Hoogekraal, Contemanskloof and Jonkershoek... These have proven track records and logistically can manage an event like an Enduro. I can't see any of the other Tygerberg trails being as easy.

The 4th is a mystery as much as Tokai might be a option unlikely with SANParks and their red tape... Also will be a logistical nightmare to get 4 decent stages (Bridal, Snakes, DH0-DH3(end or start) and Vasbyt(extended)).

Helderberg hosted Enduro's back in the day and it's worked well there too... So maybe

God forbid they decide on Paarl. We know how brutal that was to most, you never know though.

Can't think or see of any other.

The dates are set put it in the calendar, so thats 70% of the planning down. 

to quote myself

another venue that used to run quite well, yes it had brutal climbs and heat was always a bitch is Welvanpas...

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Meezo said:

no date and not confirmed, but in 110% for witfontein this year. those mountains are special... and now my new favourite venue to ride in the Western Cape

Witfontein is the jewel in the crown that too many people undervalue. That trail is awesome.

53 minutes ago, Meezo said:

to quote myself

another venue that used to run quite well, yes it had brutal climbs and heat was always a bitch is Welvanpas...

Welvanpas would be ideal on a beautifully cold and wet day. the climbing is not THAT bad.

9 hours ago, Meezo said:

I'm not really concerned on the venues, for me if i can get at least one mate in I'll be there... i won't do an event alone... not again, but that's me personally...

wow thanks....nice to know you feel alone even if we are there😁

I'm also one of the only ones there that'll marvel at your roadie exploits instead of ridiculing you for them!

Edited by MORNE

10 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

Banhoek?

I'd hazard a guess there will be more 'gateway' Enduro this year with maybe one 'gnar' event.

I will try to make a turn this year. My riding is currently at 'entry level' so hopefully it's a nice easy intro like Hoogekraal or Conties

YES please. cant be more entry level than me though...although I have progressed a small amount. (i can atleast now fall in style, or get clipped in on time haha)

we can at least hang on the way up

5 minutes ago, MORNE said:

YES please. cant be more entry level than me though...although I have progressed a small amount. (i can atleast now fall in style, or get clipped in on time haha)

we can at least hang on the way up

I will keep an eye out on the dates and venues and you can remind me to enter 

11 hours ago, ChristiaanSt said:

We working hard in the background to give everyone something to look forward to. 

Unfortunately its not as easy as just picking a couple of venues and hosting it there as there are a lot of things that can make them a "no-go". (council approvals, farm owners, time of year etc). As much as we would like to pick the 4 nicest venues and host it there it is simply not possible.

We will be releasing some info regarding the first event in the next day or 2 so keep an eye out for it.

to be honest. I don't really think anybody cares where they are (except @Robbie Stewart haha), least not me, I'll do my best to still do them all anyway. I enjoy the format.  And the logistics of organising an event is not lost on me. I just want to know which ones when. So decide already! You have to know which one goes first and second by now?  at least? Commit damnit!   😄

chappelles-show-dave-chappelle.gif

8 hours ago, BikeGenie said:

CA119516-6A71-4CDC-95D1-F520F5E1F4E8.jpeg

so somewhere in tygerberg it is then. prolly hoogies. moved on account of cape epic in the area for sure.

Maybe have it over 2 days because half the field cant do 5 stages on one day🤣. 2 stages on one day, 3 on the final day. Could be a fun experiment.

Ps: 5 stages will be a nice warmup for the funride world champs the next weekend.

Edited by MORNE

8 hours ago, MORNE said:

Maybe have it over 2 days because half the field cant do 5 stages on one day🤣. 2 stages on one day, 3 on the final day. Could be a fun experiment

Seeing as I'm usually in the back half of the field I guess I fall firmly within this category. I support this notion and will vote for this party 🤙.

5 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

Seeing as I'm usually in the back half of the field I guess I fall firmly within this category. I support this notion and will vote for this party 🤙.

Well ignoring other responsibilities…it could be fun to have an enduro over a whole weekend and multiple stages over like 2 or 3 neighbouring farms. Imagine an event that encompasses ALL the trails on a network. You have to do all of them…from the blue lines to the black ones.

“unlocking” all the stages as you go

Edited by MORNE

28 minutes ago, MORNE said:

Well ignoring other responsibilities…it could be fun to have an enduro over a whole weekend and multiple stages over like 2 or 3 neighbouring farms. Imagine an event that encompasses ALL the trails on a network. You have to do all of them…from the blue lines to the black ones.

“unlocking” all the stages as you go

I'd enter for sure.