[Event] Tour du Cap Road Stage Race

Mamil

I'm starting to get very excited.

Tour de ppa tomorrow then 3 days of work and then 4 days of riding my bike. 

I've been practicing the nonchalance with which I tell non cyclists who ask "are you training for the argus?" that ctct is an afterthought to this other event and then I tell them about tour du cap and then, if they give me an opportunity to work in the 36one, I do it.

Then I realise I'm that Muppet ....

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/25/2023 at 10:17 AM, Mamil said:

the nonchalance with which I tell non cyclists who ask "are you training for the argus?"

Had this exact conversation with a colleague!

"Are you ready for the Argus?"
"I guess. I'm actually focused on this 4-day stage race at the moment."
"Okay, so will you still get a sub-3 at the Argus?"
"Maybe. We'll see..."
😆

41 minutes ago, Jbr said:

Anyone got info from the org about which cat 30+ are starting with ? 😬

Race directory has us with Elite + Jnr (and also now has me listed 😀)

12 hours ago, Jbr said:

Anyone got info from the org about which cat 30+ are starting with ? 😬

Race organiser has confirmed 😝

2 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

Looks like we might actually for a change get to do the full Du Toit's on Saturday! 😃

Damn I only trained for up to 20mins efforts 😜 when I drove up there yesterday it was pumping !!

24 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

So you doing Bains TT in 20min? 😝

I’m thinking 26+\- or max 30 mins should do, the full du toits is a lot more isn’t it ?

Edited by Jbr

Yeah weather forecast is looking decent... dutoits is always super windy so Im sure they'll still make the call on the morning. 

Im proper amped 😃

dutoits is about 3kms longer and 150m elevation more

6 minutes ago, Jbr said:

I’m thinking 26 to 30 mins should do, the full du toits is a lot more isn’t it ?

23 minutes ago, Jbr said:

I’m thinking 26+\- or max 30 mins should do, the full du toits is a lot more isn’t it ?

Du Toit's is a longer effort yes, and looks like we are starting a few km up Bain's for the TT.

@babse I hope all is ok your side bud, I see you were involved in the early crash. Heal up soonest 🤲

@Jbr you too bud, Heal up and feel better for tomorrows ITT

Edited by FootballingCyclist

1 hour ago, FootballingCyclist said:

@babse I hope all is ok your side bud, I see you were involved in the early crash. Heal up soonest 🤲

@Jbr you too bud, Heal up and feel better for tomorrows ITT

Thanks man, really hoping Babse is ok, no news since I saw him on the side of the road when I rode off after the crash 😭

Imagine being a self sponsored dad of two that had to pay 4k to enter this dream race, make a lot of time from life to train for this very specific event (not a lot of events with 3 20mins climbs at the end), get the results, get hyped.... all of this to turn to pieces because after 30km in the 1st stage some dumb **** wanabee "pro cyclist" can't even ride properly in a bunch and tries to slot in on his teammates front wheel.

I'm gutted for myself but more importantly I hope Babse can join us for the rest of the stages...

Update: I hear some okes are at hospital... I saw bruizes but hoped it wasn't too bad, looks like I got lucky, sorry for them 😕

Edited by Jbr