[Event] Tour du Cap Road Stage Race

Mamil

I couldn't find a thread for this event - so started one - itf it's a duplicate please merge.

There was some concern expressed about whether this event would be cancelled given the lack of emails from the organisers. Their FB page says it's a go and I'm relieved about this.

Stages look like great routes, an 11k time trial up Bainskloof on day 2!

Hubbers riding?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup ! In the dads cat 👍

very excited for it until end of state 1 when I realise I’m still not a climber and 3 out of 4 stages are for climbers 😛

3 hours ago, Jbr said:

Yup ! In the dads cat 👍

very excited for it until end of state 1 when I realise I’m still not a climber and 3 out of 4 stages are for climbers 😛

Ha ha - hauling 94kg of thoroughbred Mamil up Bainskloof on successive days - who would have thought a person could be excited about that but I am.

4 minutes ago, Mamil said:

Ha ha - hauling 94kg of thoroughbred Mamil up Bainskloof on successive days - who would have thought a person could be excited about that but I am.

on the bright side, you'll get to enjoy this awesome pass a little bit longer than all the feather-weights

Event Name: Tour du Cap Road Stage Race
When: 02/03/2023 - 05/03/2023
Where: Paarl, EstervillePaarl, Western Cape
Category: Tour du Cap Road Stage Race

South Africa's signature road cycling tour, which takes place a week prior to the Cape Town Cycle Tour, covers a total distance of 309km with an elevation of 4640m.

Riders can enter either the 4-Day Tour or the weekend 2-day option.

The first two stages are based at the Kleine Valleij Venue at the foot of Bainskloof Pass in Wellington before the tour moves to the Faure Street Stadium in Paarl for the weekend stages. 

Go to Event Page.

6 hours ago, Jbr said:

Yup ! In the dads cat 👍

Hahaha whatever dude, anyone sub 70kgs able to hold 6w/kg for more than 5mins should be considered a half decent climber...

Anyway, I should be joining that dads club cat on the start line 😝

8 minutes ago, babse said:

Hahaha whatever dude, anyone sub 70kgs able to hold 6w/kg for more than 5mins should be considered a half decent climber...

we're talking 3x20 to 25 mins climbs here ;)

Two weeks left to secure that repeatable 4,85w/kg 20mins effort 💪

8 minutes ago, babse said:

Anyway, I should be joining that dads club cat on the start line   😝

Let's gooooo !

Ha Ha - my power curve says I can do 37 seconds at 6 w/kg and 20 mins at 3,6w/kg. What this means is that if I lose no power and about 25kg over the next 3 weeks I will be able to hang with the Dad's cat mentioned above up the passes. 

I'm hoping this event gathers momentum over the next few years.

9 minutes ago, Mamil said:

Ha Ha - my power curve says I can do 37 seconds at 6 w/kg and 20 mins at 3,6w/kg. What this means is that if I lose no power and about 25kg over the next 3 weeks I will be able to hang with the Dad's cat mentioned above up the passes. 

Surely you'll be in Open ? By dad's cat we mean subvets/vets ;)

11 minutes ago, Mamil said:

#2kgsOfTikEachDay

1 minute ago, Jbr said:

Surely you'll be in Open ? By dad's cat we mean subvets/vets ;)

Ha - Oh I thought you meant Dad as in Dad bod - no I'm more gramps cat. Open / unseeded for me ja