[Event] Tour du Cap Road Stage Race

Mamil

I completed the 1st one a few years ago, riding in the Open seeded group. It was great to be part of a proper road race. The total field was about 350 (maybe 400) riders, I think. Not a single mtb or ebike in sight (brilliant, but probably in the rules somewhere!).

High number of DNF which was surprising. I think a lot of riders underestimated the event. Anyway, I've been hooked on road races ever since, mtb now a distant second choice.

This year's route looks really good, and the 2 day option will probably bring in more riders too. 

Wish I was riding. Good luck gents!

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, DNC said:

This year's route looks really good, and the 2 day option will probably bring in more riders too. 

I haven't looked at the rules about it, but if it's like last year in open and they mix the 2 days riders with the 4 days riders, it will be a bit weird. Fresh riders joining for the "queen stage" if we can call it that just because of Hels+DuToits finish will definitely hurt the guys that already have 2 stages in the legs

8 hours ago, Jbr said:

I haven't looked at the rules about it, but if it's like last year in open and they mix the 2 days riders with the 4 days riders, it will be a bit weird. Fresh riders joining for the "queen stage" if we can call it that just because of Hels+DuToits finish will definitely hurt the guys that already have 2 stages in the legs

Agreed, I didn't think of that. Fresh legs to pull on the front of the bunch the whole way, maybe...!

Not doing this as it clashes with XCM SA Champs. Otherwise as a "racer" I loved the previous events even though I needed to compete against teams as an individual.

PS: once you get on this mailing list you get all sorts of promotions to events lol

34 minutes ago, babse said:

Actually expected more elites but probably because of Marathon champs many okes opted for that instead.

Unless they still going to be entered.

🤷‍♂️

TOUR DU CAP 2023 TOUR DIRECTORY FINAL NO 2.pdf 2.11 MB · 1 download

Shoo, barring any incidents I is see it's going to be the Barnabas Purbrook Show again in the 30-39 Category. That Pom single handedly destroyed the SV's a couple of years ago at TOGH.

1 hour ago, milky4130 said:

Shoo, barring any incidents I is see it's going to be the Barnabas Purbrook Show again in the 30-39 Category. That Pom single handedly destroyed the SV's a couple of years ago at TOGH.

Luckily you're so old you're in the category above that...... 😝

4 hours ago, milky4130 said:

Has he heard of that french dude rolling around in the same cat?

Apparently Alaphillpe distant cousin 

1 hour ago, babse said:

Has he heard of that french dude rolling around in the same cat?

Apparently Alaphillpe distant cousin 

You guys are seeing what I'm seeing, right?
Vets 30-39 starting with the Elite group. 💥

Not on the list, but sorting out my entry soon. Can't mis out.

Just read up about this event for the first time... It looks awesome! It's a bit late for this year but I know what my next goal is, I just hope there are enough riders to actually have a seeded batch and not just Elites and age groups.

Edited by RoadNoob6

56 minutes ago, RoadNoob6 said:

Just read up about this event for the first time... It looks awesome! It's a bit late for this year but I know what my next goal is, I just hope there are enough riders to actually have a seeded batch and not just Elites and age groups.

It’s elite, agecats and open

i’m sure you can contact the org for a late entry !

2 hours ago, bleedToWin said:

Whooo that is going to be interesting. 

2 hours ago, bleedToWin said:

I saw that on twice on the race directory... This confused me though

Anyway, still excited either way.😃

IMG_20230224_204922.jpg