Rouvy just became ridiculously expensive!!

pedal menace

Just got the surprise of my life. I recently subscribed to Rouvy and was very chaffed they offered a 3 Family member plan under a single Annual Subscription. Total was EUR144 - in affect for 3 people. In the meantime I started doing the needful to get my wife and son ready and over the weekend set up the trainers, built PCs for them (scrap parts) ets etc. Lot of effort but enjoyed it! So I created their Rouvy Accounts and went to Rouvy website to add them to my Family plan. BAM! "We apologise for any inconvenience caused but decided to terminate the Family Plan scheme!". WTF???? So I immediately mailed them asking VERY nicely if they would be willing to do me a huge favour and add them - there was ZERO notification about their intentions!! Nothing! Zilch!!

Sorry was the reply - you will have to create 3 x new subscriptions. Do the math......EUR144 x 3. That is EUR432 or 8500Ronds! Are they crazy???!!!! So I am going to cancel my subscription - no ways I am supporting them going forward!!! Checked and FulGaz offers a 2 member family plan. That is $109 for 2. As we are 3 people cycling I am still forced to go $109 x 2. That is $220 - still expensive but a LOT LESS than Rouvy. I am very disappointed in them! 

Edited by pedal menace

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, will have to keep an eye on this. We've been using the family subscription for years so that my wife and dad can ride occasionally.

3 minutes ago, Mongoose! said:

R8500 for a year for 3 people is R236 per month per person.

My Zwift is R300 a month 

Agree BUT...Zwift for 3 people is still way too high as they also have no family plans. 

And...(dangerous statement coming - prepare)...Zwift is BORING AS HELL! Just my own opinion. Software platforms that offer literally HUNDREDS of real life video routes is soooo much better. You get to see the world and ride famous routes. Zwift just beats everyone on the networking/socializing aspect of riding together. The rest.....yaaaaawn....(sorry)

There are countless YouTube videos of outside rides, some of which are used by training platforms. They just don’t hook up to your own speed on the indoor trainer, so you could be max out your VO2, but the video is going nowhere, slowly.

Training should be fun, not boring, otherwise you’re forcing yourself to do something you don’t really want to do. Some call it junk miles.

All these IDT services are so expensive it’s actually ridiculous… blows my mind that people haven’t yet started youtube channels where you can watch a ride and download gpx file so that you can ride it on your garmin with your IDT

11 minutes ago, Frosty said:

There are countless YouTube videos of outside rides, some of which are used by training platforms. They just don’t hook up to your own speed on the indoor trainer, so you could be max out your VO2, but the video is going nowhere, slowly.

Training should be fun, not boring, otherwise you’re forcing yourself to do something you don’t really want to do. Some call it junk miles.

Ah lol, same idea. Any of them provide a gpx file ? I quickly searched last time I wanted to ride on the idt and ended up on opening a trial account on fulgaz on the apple tv… went pretty crap as usual when I try these apps, takes longer to get everything working half decent than riding

2 minutes ago, Jbr said:

Ah lol, same idea. Any of them provide a gpx file ? I quickly searched last time I wanted to ride on the idt and ended up on opening a trial account on fulgaz on the apple tv… went pretty crap as usual when I try these apps, takes longer to get everything working half decent than riding.

Not sure; I came across one video from a RGT promotion. My devices can only ride a previous activity, so I don’t bother too much. 

It was Mont Ventoux, soI’ll try find it.

Zwift races are good fun and the big draw card for me. Rouvy routes are nice but there's so seldom a race with more than a couple of participants.

Exchange rate is pushing up the costs too but if it's a choice Netflix or zwift I will choose zwift.

5 minutes ago, Jbr said:

haha don't bother, who wants to ride 12% for 1+hr on the IDT 🤣

Makes for some good interval training. Why else would one ride indoors anyway?

1 minute ago, Frosty said:

Makes for some good interval training. Why else would one ride indoors anyway?

Everytime I've done Ventoux (4 times over the last two years), I can promise you the only workout you get is strength, from grinding at 50 rpm for hours on your granny gear. I hate it yet I always end up going up twice when I go back to france 🤣