Really, No Epic 2023 Thread?

BMCfan

3 minutes ago, OVERDRIVE said:

Matt and Chris for sure worthy winners, no questions asked. Overcoming 8seconds to win no easy feat!! 

Minutes 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, dev null said:

That over the handle bar tumble was damn impressive as style is concerned.

He looked a tad uncomfortable afterwards...

I watched it a few times and am still wondering how he actually did that. Wow!

Congrats to Spez! Very happy for Matt. At least we have another Saffa winner. Such a pity Amy and Candice couldn't provide the win. Hopefully next year a new try.

Congrats to SCR and Scott for an awesome finish to this Epic. Interesting news from SCR on build up to their Epic.

At least Nino will be back next year to try get his 3rd win. He just needs to find a teammate who is a bit closer to his level.

Congrats to all the other jersey winners too. AND all finishers. Over and out

3 minutes ago, mrcg said:

Congrats to Spez! Very happy for Matt. At least we have another Saffa winner. Such a pity Amy and Candice couldn't provide the win. Hopefully next year a new try.

Congrats to SCR and Scott for an awesome finish to this Epic. Interesting news from SCR on build up to their Epic.

At least Nino will be back next year to try get his 3rd win. He just needs to find a teammate who is a bit closer to his level.

Nino needs to ride the capabilities of his partner. Not the other way around as a expectation 

22 minutes ago, OVERDRIVE said:

Especially seeing we thought it would be a cage fight. Ended up being a hamster wheel watch, but S-Works boys couldn’t care less. 🤣🤣🤣

My only ask is, mercy on Andrei. 

You dont ask much ... 😋

Last couple of days was very exciting. Just wish they have more of the women's race as well. Maybe split screen with one side men's race and other women's race.. 🤔 

12 minutes ago, mrcg said:

Nino maybe needs to look beyond Switzerland, thinking MvdP…. The roles would be reversed with Nino trying to hang onto MvdP

Barring technicals they could drill any other team

With MvdP road career it would never happen 

Edited by SwissVan

6 minutes ago, J Wakefield said:

Nino needs to ride the capabilities of his partner. Not the other way around as a expectation 

I think we need to engage on this. I did say earlier that LeBron, Jordan etc all have to play to the qualities of the team in the table on the day. Few are on his level and even next year if the plan is to rode his best and drag the other guy it will be the same result. 

Chris and Matt executed it perfectly-ride to the strengths of the weakest rider. Or soon guys will start faking injury…

Massive respect to Spez factory racing. That some some way back from 10th. I thought the field was too deep without doubting their capabilities...

Mad administration for our local Beers 🥵💪

4 minutes ago, Lexx said:

Last couple of days was very exciting. Just wish they have more of the women's race as well. Maybe split screen with one side men's race and other women's race.. 🤔 

Agreed, the coverage for the women has been poor. Some days they don't even cross over after the men finish.

7 minutes ago, SwissVan said:

Justice was served, trying to bring roadie tactics into mtbking 

image.gif.46004196640d9abc69566740814e478b.gif

2 minutes ago, SwissVan said:

Nino maybe needs to look beyond Switzerland, thinking MvdP…. The roles would be reversed with Nino trying to hang onto MvdP

Barring technicals they could drill any other team

With MvdP road career it would never happen 

Actually-pair him with Tom Pidcock. @J Wakefield what you make of that 🤣

1 minute ago, OVERDRIVE said:

image.gif.46004196640d9abc69566740814e478b.gif

Actually-pair him with Tom Pidcock. @J Wakefield what you make of that 🤣

As long as he has a contract with Ineos I cannot see that happening. His off road activities already are a push contract wise