SRAM announce hangerless Eagle Transmission drivetrains

News bot

56 minutes ago, MORNE said:

So….either someone’s taking the piss (100% likely), or Summit Bikes are just plain legends (also 100% true)

still crazy expensive, but grab it while its hot if you are looking, and save yourself 13….yes R13k!!!! 

that clearly demonstrates how we get shafted by some local stores imo. 

IMG_7699.jpeg.113d204d20c6b7fb70f716c7609501ba.jpeg

Edit:

this other store i wont even name….

IMG_7700.jpeg

All I can say is, miskien eendag as ek groot is en baie geld het .... 🤪

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/27/2023 at 11:47 AM, ajnkzn said:

I’m sorry but it’s useless. 

Even NX is terrible. Average shifting and doesn’t last. 

GX bare minimum on SRAM. 

GX 11 is quite good a durable but it suffers from the same malady all cable operated SRAM shifters do - horrible ergonomics on the release button and the lack of double shifts to higher gears. Maybe that's why they felt compelled to go AXS - couldn't build a decent cable shifter? 

24 minutes ago, Headshot said:

GX 11 is quite good a durable but it suffers from the same malady all cable operated SRAM shifters do - horrible ergonomics on the release button and the lack of double shifts to higher gears. Maybe that's why they felt compelled to go AXS - couldn't build a decent cable shifter? 

Excluding Grip Shifters off course!

17 hours ago, Headshot said:

Would you miss double downshifts on a trigger if shimano never invented it ? 

Just asking genuinely interested

7 hours ago, Headshot said:

going clickedty click in quick succession to "double shift" is actually a very easy feat ....... you don't by any chance drive an automatic car do you?

12 hours ago, BaGearA said:

Probably yes, fast shifting in some situations are very beneficial, so just maybe I would have had the thought "if only I can shift faster" ... :)

14 hours ago, Hairy said:

going clickedty click in quick succession to "double shift" is actually a very easy feat ....... you don't by any chance drive an automatic car do you?

Could also be a severe case of arthritis.

Very possible for people who identify as a 90 year old man.

27 minutes ago, Wyatt Earp said:

Could also be a severe case of arthritis.

Very possible for people who identify as a 90 year old man.

You talking to me? 

16 hours ago, BaGearA said:

I really like the ability to change gears quickly and this probably the primary reason why I ride Campagnolo on my road and gravel bikes. Being able to drop 5 or go up 3 with a single shift is really convenient. 

Other than the efficiency thing, it is also one of the main reasons I still ride 2x on my mountain bike, by dropping from the big ring to the small ring you can instantaneously increase your mechanical advantage by 30+%. 

1 hour ago, WIPEOUT 1000 said:

I really like the ability to change gears quickly and this probably the primary reason why I ride Campagnolo on my road and gravel bikes. Being able to drop 5 or go up 3 with a single shift is really convenient. 

Other than the efficiency thing, it is also one of the main reasons I still ride 2x on my mountain bike, by dropping from the big ring to the small ring you can instantaneously increase your mechanical advantage by 30+%. 

give it a few years, im sure 2x will make a comeback as some sort of new tech

9 hours ago, WIPEOUT 1000 said:

Or better yet, a gearbox bike in your future .... you can even dump all those gears whilst standing still

On 5/24/2023 at 7:01 PM, Hairy said:

I do when its working but I'm a manual lover at heart. Ordinarily I'd agree with you but the ergonomics on the GX 11 shifter are so shite that its a pain to do quick clicks. Also, when you have something as silky smooth and hand friendly as a Saint 10 speed shifter on your other bike, the GX is just horrid.

Would I miss it it it hadn't been invented? That's like asking would you miss disk brakes or one x 10/11/12 if we were still all on cable V Brakes and triple rings, isn't it?

On 5/24/2023 at 11:09 AM, Headshot said:

Shimano patents prevent anyone from using the multi upshift feature. Even the ergonomics are limited by patent protection. And yes AXS was a way to break free of those patent limitations. 
gripshift still has the best ergonomics of all yet it’s not popular.

1 hour ago, Headshot said:

I do when its working but I'm a manual lover at heart. Ordinarily I'd agree with you but the ergonomics on the GX 11 shifter are so shite that its a pain to do quick clicks. Also, when you have something as silky smooth and hand friendly as a Saint 10 speed shifter on your other bike, the GX is just horrid.

Would I miss it it it hadn't been invented? That's like asking would you miss disk brakes or one x 10/11/12 if we were still all on cable V Brakes and triple rings, isn't it?

GX 11 has the non adjustable downshift paddle right?

Stop being so snup and get an XO1 11 shifter man. I may even have a 11 speed gripshift for you …

also bear in mind that with these new wide range cassettes the ability to multi up or downshift is less appealing as the chain tends to get caught up on the cassette. With close ratio cassettes this is a good feature to have 

Edited by DieselnDust