SRAM announce hangerless Eagle Transmission drivetrains

News bot

11 hours ago, Danger Dassie said:

I freelance with some of the industry media and tech areas. 
The UDH standard and T-type derailleurs have been in development over a few years. Other than comms from the marketing dept and supply chain/product managers I had seen some of original test product on the derailleurs with engineers a few months back. At the time the information was under embargo, especially for the T-type derailleurs and new drivetrains. 

More recently some of the SRAM staff have also confirmed the info in discussions since the official release during Epic. SRAM also had one of their senior staffers at the Cape Epic.

Yip, that is a 2023 model, and pretty blady mooi! It’s a UDH compatible frame, which relates to the hangar. Remove the hangar and fit the new type drivetrain. On a side note, always felt Merida are woefully underrated and undervalued bikes here in S of A.

These links are helpful as well;

https://www.sram.com/en/sram/mountain/products/udh 

https://www.rearmechhanger.com/product/rear-gear-mech-derailleur-hanger-cnc999/

went to look at the SRAM list of bikes, and left thinking I need an Izzo in my life :P

just need to ride it, if I had it :P

image.png.912c5622e969faeed0d2eac2260ebc97.png

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, dasilvarsa said:

If the bike has got one of these its UDH compliant.

341757-00-d-724648.jpg

Well ya if it’s got a UDH then it’s UDH compatible duh….

I think you  mean if its got a UDH hanging a conventional derailleur then it’s sram direct mount T-type derailleur compatible.

1 hour ago, DieselnDust said:

Well ya if it’s got a UDH then it’s UDH compatible duh….

I think you  mean if its got a UDH hanging a conventional derailleur then it’s sram direct mount T-type derailleur compatible.

We Can't all be Brilliant you Know !

Just Wanted to Post the Picture !!!

I have a 2015 BMC FourStroke4 02 which means it will not be UDH compatible. Which means I will not be able to fit any of the new AXS groupsets. Unless I up my TIG welding skills and modify the swingarm. On the 02 the swingarm is Alu while the rest of the frame is Carbon.

I looked at new bike prices and instantly developed heartburn.

Edited by dev null

14 hours ago, dev null said:

I have a 2015 BMC FourStroke4 02 which means it will not be UDH compatible. Which means I will not be able to fit any of the new AXS groupsets. Unless I up my TIG welding skills and modify the swingarm. On the 02 the swingarm is Alu while the rest of the frame is Carbon.

I looked at new bike prices and instantly developed heartburn.

My scalpel is 2018 vintage 

feels like just the other day….

• 2 weeks later...

after this weekend I am more than happy with the direction they are going in. I got hit by a BMW GS1200 on the weekend. He hit me from behind trying to take a gap that was never there. I have AXS but without the hangerless design. Anyway there is a massive gouge in the AXS battery cover likely from the crash bars on the GS. I have the matching bruises on ankle as well. When it came time to get back up and get going again I had to actually pick up the derailleur battery cover from a few meters away. The derailleur didn't miss a beat, it kept shifting perfectly for the 240km left in the ride. It didn't even need a battery change. So if this new UDH and mounting along with the protection built into the axs as it is. This will be a game changer. I can tell you now I would have had to change a hanger on the weekend if I had a cable shifter. 

4 minutes ago, dave303e said:

after this weekend I am more than happy with the direction they are going in. I got hit by a BMW GS1200 on the weekend. He hit me from behind trying to take a gap that was never there. I have AXS but without the hangerless design. Anyway there is a massive gouge in the AXS battery cover likely from the crash bars on the GS. I have the matching bruises on ankle as well. When it came time to get back up and get going again I had to actually pick up the derailleur battery cover from a few meters away. The derailleur didn't miss a beat, it kept shifting perfectly for the 240km left in the ride. It didn't even need a battery change. So if this new UDH and mounting along with the protection built into the axs as it is. This will be a game changer. I can tell you now I would have had to change a hanger on the weekend if I had a cable shifter. 

I did not have any hits yet on my GX AXS, but I agree, it just works and shift perfectly every single time.  Also, the battery life is amazing, cant phantom how such tiny battery can last so long.

I have a spare battery in my tool bag but didn't even come close to using it yet.

Its very reassuring that it can take a hit like that and still be 100%.

24 minutes ago, dave303e said:

I'm not sure what is harder. AXS or dave303. Got run over by a elephant motorbike, continues to ride another 240kms...

Etter! not a lekker story.