Cyclist down this morning in Camps Bay

APJ88

Taxi, school run vehicle or someone in a hurry to get to work.? 🤔

Edited by Thomo

Being a Capetonian road biker and not knowing who David Garret is says more about you than it does about David 😄

He's a legend of the Cape road bike scene and has been around for many years competing at the sharp end of the field in his age cat.

All the best with your recovery David, trusting you'll heal up well and be back on the bike soon 🤙

15 hours ago, BuffsVintageBikes said:

Being a Capetonian road biker and not knowing who David Garret is says more about you than it does about David 😄

He's a legend of the Cape road bike scene and has been around for many years competing at the sharp end of the field in his age cat.

All the best with your recovery David, trusting you'll heal up well and be back on the bike soon 🤙

Not just in age cat 😜

proper local legend

On the other hand our local racing scene is so confidential you can't blame anyone for not knowing 

Edited by Jbr

1 hour ago, FootballingCyclist said:

20230329_060207.jpg

Never seen a fork snap there before, the wheel looks perfect. Wow!

FWIW I almost avoid training rides through Camps Bay and especially Clifton anymore. It’s just to random there during the week. 

9 minutes ago, Kom said:

Never seen a fork snap there before, the wheel looks perfect. Wow!

FWIW I almost avoid training rides through Camps Bay and especially Clifton anymore. It’s just to random there during the week. 

What's weird is that I've now seen it twice in 3 days. The pic below is a friend of mine who crashed at Killarney on Sunday in the WP winter league...

IMG-20230326-WA0036.jpg

Edited by FootballingCyclist

3 minutes ago, FootballingCyclist said:

What's weird is that I've now seen it twice in 3 days. The pic below is a friend of kine who crashed at Killarney on Sunday in the WP winter league...

IMG-20230326-WA0036.jpg

Can’t imagine there was anything in Killarney to t-bone to cause the same head on accident? 

10 minutes ago, FootballingCyclist said:

What's weird is that I've now seen it twice in 3 days. The pic below is a friend of mine who crashed at Killarney on Sunday in the WP winter league...

IMG-20230326-WA0036.jpg

interesting.....they come from the same factory

this failure is closer to the fork crown lugs where the lower legs are bonded on so there's probably a natural weak point there but I can't what he/she could have hit that would be solid enough to break the fork 

Edited by DieselnDust

6 minutes ago, Kom said:

Can’t imagine there was anything in Killarney to t-bone to cause the same head on accident? 

LOL naah I mean the same kinda damage to the bike, area of the fork snapping etc and the rest of the bike looking fine...

Edited by FootballingCyclist

2 hours ago, FootballingCyclist said:

LOL naah I mean the same kinda damage to the bike, area of the fork snapping etc and the rest of the bike looking fine...

I blame the Shimano groupset for the demise of the Bianchi.

2 hours ago, Kom said:

It was a proper group pile up, 11 riders down. Probably went OTB over another bike...

Yes, he is my tenant; somebody pulled an unsafe move, causing a rider to go down; Bianchi rider then went OTB over fallen rider, AFAIK.

Chris