New Epic thread deleted by?

Headshot

4 hours ago, Shebeen said:

exactly the same thing happened with the Trek supercaliber, people went batty when they saw this

2020 Trek Supercaliber Procaliber Tope Fuel prototype, short travel carbon World Cup cross-country XC XCO race mountain bike proto sneak peek, spy shots

What bikes? I don't see any ?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/18/2023 at 12:38 PM, The Ouzo said:

South African distributors seem to be very secretive about new releases. I see it in the motor industry all the time. Info, specs, pics etc. are freely available via international publications, yet the SA distributor wants things to be kept Top Secret.

Case in point. We have a car launching very very soon. International publications have done reviews and comparative tests like crazy. Locally there are pictures circulating of test units being driven on public roads, but the local distributor doesnt want any info etc. being made public locally.

In the case of the bike in question, I would imaging BikeHub will play nice because if they dont there is a possibility of not getting access to future information etc. from the brand. 

Ja just like the new garmin 540/840

9 hours ago, Wyatt Earp said:

And Mike Sinyard cracks open another beer after taking his unmarked Audi S4 for a spin around Morgan Hill.

It seems that he is more of a Volksie guy, but its probably got an unmarked Porsche engine in the back!

Mike Sinyard - Transcript - The Ready State Podcast

42 minutes ago, dasilvarsa said:

The Trek is Very Limited in the Rear travel Dept.

Spez is Full House.

Don't Compare.

What do you mean by full house?

2 hours ago, splat said:

It seems that he is more of a Volksie guy, but its probably got an unmarked Porsche engine in the back!

Mike Sinyard - Transcript - The Ready State Podcast

My apologies.

It was actually an RS4

The van he sold years ago to save his company, but has since bought another one, which stands in the exhibition foyer of the head office in Morgan Hill.

The Porsche he used to like running around in from his German offices o the other hand, was one awesome piece of machinery. 

59 minutes ago, Wyatt Earp said:

My apologies.

It was actually an RS4

The van he sold years ago to save his company, but has since bought another one, which stands in the exhibition foyer of the head office in Morgan Hill.

The Porsche he used to like running around in from his German offices o the other hand, was one awesome piece of machinery. 

Well I learned something new ! Didn’t know he’s a Volksie fan. That raises his credibility in my books

3 hours ago, dasilvarsa said:

Spez is Full House.

Don't Compare.

60mm vs 75mm rear travel? Define full house please?(Apart from full house price 🫣

Edited by W@nted

3 hours ago, dasilvarsa said:

Spez is Full House.

Don't Compare.

What's the Trek - 80mm? When a softer tyre makes a noticeable difference to how the back end of a bike feels I suspect that 80mm is more than enough for most XCO and even marathon duties. BTW, "full house" is at least 160mm at each end in my book 🙂 

4 minutes ago, Headshot said:

What's the Trek - 80mm? When a softer tyre makes a noticeable difference to how the back end of a bike feels I suspect that 80mm is more than enough for most XCO and even marathon duties. BTW, "full house" is at least 160mm at each end in my book 🙂 

Trek is 60mm at the back. I do believe the Supercaliber is for a specific market/racer. Like you mentioned it is quite popular among the XC and marathon racers. 

Edited by W@nted

Having tried out a supercaliber, it feels more comfortable than it’s 60mm if travel suggests just like the old 2000-2005 model scalpel did.

I expect the new Epic will too

32 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Having tried out a supercaliber, it feels more comfortable than it’s 60mm if travel suggests just like the old 2000-2005 model scalpel did.

I expect the new Epic will too

wait. so it feels like a 2000-2005 cannondale? 😱

2 minutes ago, Furbz said:

wait. so it feels like a 2000-2005 cannondale? 😱

I see you see what I did there