EPO/GH/etc no problem find it here.

The_Doctor

Cyclists are all clean' date=' nobody uses drugs. Just water and bananas..Wink[/quote']

Ja, ja a couple of weeks go by and suddenly it's cool to be "witty and funny" about the issue again. I am a vet and don't use drugs. I find it offensive that this and other insinuations include me.

Chunky, tell me have you handed your Springbok colours back yet? You admitted that you cheated so if you have any moral fibre you will return them.

Also until you have the balls to tell the whole truth go and make your insinuations somewhere else - most of us don't want to hear your lies. I've said it before it is you and people like you who are at the root of the problem!

I tell you what windbreaker, send me your address and I will send the whole lot over to you. You can pin them up on your wall and pretend that they are yours.

Please dont lecture me or try and lay the moral issue on me. The issue was never funny or witty to begin with.

As far as telling the truth is concerned, what do you want to know. You watched the TV didnt you. Yes, I got caught out and I admitted it.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cyclists are all clean' date=' nobody uses drugs. Just water and bananas..Wink[/quote']

The issue was never funny or witty to begin with.

So why make flippant comments about it now then ...

I'd be interested to know who thinks Lance rode clean his entire career and who thinks he was on something illegal.

I think that either he is the greatest athlete that has ever graced the face of planet earth ...... or he's the biggest cheat and liar any sport has ever had.

Wheelsucker - Trust me on this one - just not a good question to ask here. This topic has been discussed waaay past its sell by date.

Don?t think any respectable decision can be made, to many if's and butts involved.

I tell you what windbreaker' date=' send me your address and I will send the whole lot over to you. You can pin them up on your wall and pretend that they are yours.

Please dont lecture me or try and lay the moral issue on me. The issue was never funny or witty to begin with.

As far as telling the truth is concerned, what do you want to know. You watched the TV didnt you. Yes, I got caught out and I admitted it.

[/quote']

Chunky, unlike you I don't want anything that I haven't earned honestly.

Yes you admitted that you cheated (only after you got caught out) so I am asking you why don't you now do the right thing and hand them back? You can never look anyone in the eye again and say that you "earned" them.

As far as "telling the truth is concerned" - either stop your incessant insinuations about "doping" cyclists within the South African community or go back to the press and tell it all - the names, the dates, the whole truth.

Don't paint us all with your dirty brush.

And don't give me the crap about loyalty to your customers, everyone has seen through you. You are in it for the MONEY - nothing else.

Windbreaker2006-11-02 12:19:51

I tell you what windbreaker' date=' send me your address and I will send the whole lot over to you. You can pin them up on your wall and pretend that they are yours.

[/quote']

Chunky, unlike you I don't want anything that I haven't earned honestly.

Yes you admitted that you cheated (only after you got caught out) so I am asking you why don't you now do the right thing and hand them back? You can never look anyone in the eye again and say that you "earned" them.

As far as "telling the truth is concerned" - either stop your incessant insinuations about "doping" cyclists within the South African community or go back to the press and tell it all - the names, the dates, the whole truth.

Don't paint us all with your dirty brush.

And don't give me the crap about loyalty to your customers, everyone has seen through you. You are in it for the MONEY - nothing else.

Can't argue with that

This topic is getting long in the tooth now. Nobody here is going to stop what is happening out there. So lets all rather talk about cycling and leave this topic alone.

Man o man, Chunky I agree with the others. You are one of the root causes of the problem.

All are doing it, why stop?

Crap man. How can you talk about cycling, when it's not done clean? I hate people who cheats and you are one BIG cheat.

All top cyclist have asthma (wonder why???)

Lance is definitely not clean (I think his cancer gave him a good oppertunity)

I'll almost go as far as to say that 99% of the pro's use something. Would like to see what happens now with team CSC going for there team testing. Will the other teams follow. How long before it flows down toe amateur level.  

This topic is getting long in the tooth now. Nobody here is going to stop what is happening out there. So lets all rather talk about cycling and leave this topic alone.

That would suit you wouldn't it - just quietly slip back under your rock.

BikeMax, we obviously have very different views on this subject. All I am trying to say is that we will obviously never think alike about this particular subject, and to keep on and on about it on this forum is going to get none of us anywhere.

For those riders who dont use drugs and want to stay that way, good for them. If they can achieve good results like that then they obviously deserve more credit than the ones who do take stuff.

As far as me slipping under a rock, I have never and will never do that.

You keep preeching power training with power tap, and My guys will keep winning my way.

BikeMax' date=' we obviously have very different views on this subject. All I am trying to say is that we will obviously never think alike about this particular subject, and to keep on and on about it on this forum is going to get none of us anywhere.

For those riders who dont use drugs and want to stay that way, good for them. If they can achieve good results like that then they obviously deserve more credit than the ones who do take stuff.

As far as me slipping under a rock, I have never and will never do that.

You keep preeching power training with power tap, and My guys will keep winning my way.
[/quote']

Power meter (or any other structured training) + hard work = honest, ethical and healthy

PED's = dishonest, unethical and damaging to health

If that is the way you are happy for "your" riders to win, and feel that reflects well on you, then I rest my case.

A cheater helping cheats.

Great for the sport - well done - you must be proud.

Guest colonel

Sorry I want to get my popcorn here........

Whats the point of still arguing over something so f**king dumb? Leave Chunky to do his thing if he wants he isnt scared of what he is doing and there are alot of clientele for him in the form of SA Pros. Ive said this beofre and will say it again rather go after the big black Nigerian giving your daughter crack and drugs in exchange for sexual favours intead of going after Chunky. I dont see him turning in Sexual favours for anything in the line of the SA Pros.althou their salaries are not the greatest!!

If riders want to dope let them its their choice not yours and if Chunky is suppliening them then let him you are still going to sleep well tonight I can assure you of that and your A, E or T seeding doesnt make a difference anyway to the guys doping in the Pro Leagues so leve it alone, get on your bike and go ride.

If its doping or Power training that gets you to the top then its your call until then leave it alone people this is such a stale topic and argueing here is not going to make any rider or Chunky stop doing what he is doing and they not going to call Chunky and stop coming to BikeMax for training.
colonel2006-11-02 23:44:31

Colonel,

I almost don't know where to start ... but here goes .... This is going to sound like a lecture but you asked "what's the point".

I have a number of facets to my life, my work, my home life, my social life and lately my sporting interests again. I try to keep consistency across all of the aspects (I try). For instance, if I allow corruption in my work life then I can't lecture my son if I find him cheating for an exam. If I condone cheating in sport then I might as well allow my business life to become corrupt because I would be living a life of double standards. When you let one aspect of your life degrade then sooner or later it will affect the others.

Note that I say I try because none of us are perfect and I definitely am not either. I have many regrets. BUT that is not to say that I shouldn't try to live my life by what I believe are good standards and object against corruption wherever I see it, in my work life, in my social life, in sport etc.

Obviously there are "levels of corruptions" and I would be like a wind-up toy if I tried to address every one of them so I focus on the things that are most important to me and cycling fits right now.

Yes, if I see a criminal act occurring I intervene when I can, I get pissed off when I see people removing their front number plates so that they can get away with speeding, AND I take a stance against cheating in sport.

You raise Nigeria, I have spent enough time in Nigeria to know that if we all allow our moral standards to drop that is where we are headed. You don't want to live in Nigeria I promise!!!

So the bottom line is if there is a crack house next door to me I'll do my damndest and if I see people like Chunky trying to convince everyone that doping is OK then I knock that too.

Sorry I want to get my popcorn here........

Whats the point of still arguing over something so f**king dumb? Leave Chunky to do his thing if he wants he isnt scared of what he is doing and there are alot of clientele for him in the form of SA Pros. Ive said this beofre and will say it again rather go after the big black Nigerian giving your daughter crack and drugs in exchange for sexual favours intead of going after Chunky. I dont see him turning in Sexual favours for anything in the line of the SA Pros.althou their salaries are not the greatest!!

If riders want to dope let them its their choice not yours and if Chunky is suppliening them then let him you are still going to sleep well tonight I can assure you of that and your A' date=' E or T seeding doesnt make a difference anyway to the guys doping in the Pro Leagues so leve it alone, get on your bike and go ride.

If its doping or Power training that gets you to the top then its your call until then leave it alone people this is such a stale topic and argueing here is not going to make any rider or Chunky stop doing what he is doing and they not going to call Chunky and stop coming to BikeMax for training.
[/quote']

Colonel

I think you are very wrong here;

First of all - this is a cycling forum and so Nigerian drug dealers are not relevant whereas Chunky and dope in our sport are very relevant

Secondly - saying "leave him alone to do what he wants" is just burying your head in the sand. Other criminals or anyone doing damage to our society are generally addressed and brought to account for what they are doing - why you feel this should be any different and just left alone is beyond me.

Thirdly - if this topic is so boring to you then simply choose not to look at the thread - there are plenty that do not interest me every day so I choose to leave them alone rather than enter the discussion and try to stop them discussing it

Doping in our sport is a big issue and very pertinent to this forum. On this forum we have a self confessed supplier / dealer of PED's to local athletes whom you are advocating should be allowed to get on in peace. That is wrong IMO and he should be made accountable. If keeping threads like this alive will help in any way then I will keep supporting that.