Kids Ride: +/- 2,5km
Edited by dasilvarsa

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Janniecycling said:

Its not called the Monster for nothing!!Hard on the body & bikes from the start of this race many years ago.Its Your choice if you want to enter and ride a Hard race or just a easy Sani2C.

Horses for Courses!!

🤣🤣🤣🤣so will everyone have their opinion about races and riders .Some ride it once a long time ago and never again and some tries it for a second time even if it is hard. 

Choice is yours. 👍

1 hour ago, Japie Nieuwoudt said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣so will everyone have their opinion about races and riders .Some ride it once a long time ago and never again and some tries it for a second time even if it is hard. 

Choice is yours. 👍

Japie dankie vir jou terugvoer.  (bly ek kon dit lees voor dit uitgevee is)

JA, ek verstaan die sentiment dat dit n "monster" is, en dat dit voldoen aan die naam.

MAAR ... As dit nie vir die tipe threads is nie, dan weet voornemende ryers nie wat om te verwag nie.

Die balans van jou insette asook die van die ander ryers help om n geheelbeeld te skep.  DANKIE

Die hoeveelheid wat reeds aangedui het dat die "monster kultuur" hul ding is en dat DIT die rede i shoekom hulle dit volgende jaar wil doen wys die waarde van die tipe threads.  Ons weet ook dat BAIE (soos ek) dit lees en besef die maraton ding is meer ons styl ....  

Niks verkeerd daarmee dat mense verskillende tipe ritte verkies.

Tog tragies - al is dit integraal tot forums - dat party mense net eenvoudig nie instaat is om die onderwerp te bespreek sonder om die persoon aan te val nie ......

PS - die swak kos wat julle gekry het raak weg tussen al die ander kommentaar.  Kontak asseblief die organiseerders, as hulle dit nie aanspreek met hul verskaffers nie kan dit nie verbeter nie.

10 hours ago, MilkManMike said:

Even at the Enduro WC events there are riders calling for the routes to be made “friendlier”… when these guys are riding 160mm+ Enduro rigs…. When lots of guys happily hit those some trails day in day out on 130mm trail bikes.

Say what now?!? We had Jonkers last weekend. I rode on my 120mm Spez. It was awesome. Definitely not easy. And I pushed probably a good 10km of the 23 I rode, but what a jol. Who are the guys calling for easier trails? Maybe the same crowd that decided Paarl was a good Enduro venue. (It's not, just saying).

13 hours ago, ChrisF said:

Tog tragies - al is dit integraal tot forums - dat party mense net eenvoudig nie instaat is om die onderwerp te bespreek sonder om die persoon aan te val nie ......

Stem saam Chris - of te verkleineer (Zwift opm ens).  Ons geniet tog almal ons fiets ry op ons eie manier ens.

Dankie Japie - ek weet nou meer van die Monster en ek sal dit nie eers oorweeg, na ek jou opms gelees het.  (So by implikasie - mag ek nou net op Zwift ry volgens IVR32?  😁 )

Edited by Pieter-za

This is what the Monster used to look like when it was still on the old route going through Mountain Sanctuary and the distance was 70 Km. This route was harder than the current 65km not because of the shorter distance but the actual climbing.

Magalies Monster 2015.jpg

Noob on the site here, just my 2c worth. I haven't ridden competitively in over 30 years - not that I was any good back then - but it seems as if many people have become "soft". Back then it wasn't a good race unless you fell/crashed a few times 😁. And we did all of this on rigid mountain bikes. Only the best/richest even had suspension forks. Heck we even used our unsuspensioned bikes in the downhill races.

50 minutes ago, Pieter-za said:

It seems many people don't have to prove how 'tuff' they are.   They are content in their own space :) 

Daar is van ons wat self die hospitaal en fiets moet betaal en al d@nners hard afgefoeter het😫

2 hours ago, Pieter-za said:

It seems many people don't have to prove how 'tuff' they are.   They are content in their own space :) 

Sure. But there are tons of events out there catering for them. Probably 90% of events out there cater for this crowd. So instead of whinging about the handful of events that are actually worth riding for those of us that prefer technical trails, rather just accept that this event isn’t for you.

20 hours ago, JJDT said:

This is what the Monster used to look like when it was still on the old route going through Mountain Sanctuary and the distance was 70 Km. This route was harder than the current 65km not because of the shorter distance but the actual climbing.

Magalies Monster 2015.jpg

That Mountain Sanctuary climb, jislaaik. Sommer maximum heart rate when pushing up it.

I lived in rustenburg for many years and we used to go stay at MSP plenty. I never managed to get up that climb without putting my foot down. I moered off so many times trying. It is my #1 nemesis. 

11 hours ago, MilkManMike said:

Sure. But there are tons of events out there catering for them

Sure, I hear you.

OP came here to reflect on his expectations and experience and got personally attacked, insulted, humiliated both for not being 'tough enough' (although he did finish IIRC) and for his command of the English  language. 

So by implication do some 'tough guys'  (bully's?) think they have carte blanche to behave like this?  (As by inference non-tough cyclist will have no reason to respond, you know - walk the talk before you jump although I am quite sure some -drive-by's also joined in with the stoning)

Do we really want to treat a fellow cyclist this way - you know, personal values, respect etc?

12 hours ago, MilkManMike said:

Sure. But there are tons of events out there catering for them. Probably 90% of events out there cater for this crowd. So instead of whinging about the handful of events that are actually worth riding for those of us that prefer technical trails, rather just accept that this event isn’t for you.

This debate and these type of threads has been going on here since 2006. It’s nothing new. 

16 hours ago, Leigh Eric Smith said:

Noob on the site here, just my 2c worth. I haven't ridden competitively in over 30 years - not that I was any good back then - but it seems as if many people have become "soft". Back then it wasn't a good race unless you fell/crashed a few times 😁. And we did all of this on rigid mountain bikes. Only the best/richest even had suspension forks. Heck we even used our unsuspensioned bikes in the downhill races.

You had an actual bicycle. Luxury! In my day we raced downhill on cardboard boxes with helmets made from dried watermelons. (with apologies to Monty Python)