IndieVelo

Matu

I had the same thing again this morning on a free ride, I think it's when my wifi drops, it decides the ride is over without telling you anything. You keep riding, your numbers keep increasing, but your ride is already saved where your connection dropped. So not the same thing that happened on MyWoosh in the end. I'll stick to watching Youtube while training on the IDT

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Jbr said:

I had the same thing again this morning on a free ride, I think it's when my wifi drops, it decides the ride is over without telling you anything. You keep riding, your numbers keep increasing, but your ride is already saved where your connection dropped. So not the same thing that happened on MyWoosh in the end. I'll stick to watching Youtube while training on the IDT

What platform are you using - PC, Mac, Android of Apple tablet, or AppleTV?

I've found one similar report, where after a few minutes of a workout the user's connection dropped, and only the first part got uploaded to their TP.
They were able to take the FIT file from their device, and upload that to give the complete ride.

2 minutes ago, HdB said:

What platform are you using - PC, Mac, Android of Apple tablet, or AppleTV?

I've found one similar report, where after a few minutes of a workout the user's connection dropped, and only the first part got uploaded to their TP.
They were able to take the FIT file from their device, and upload that to give the complete ride.

Mac, for some reason all the Macs I've had have recurrent wifi drops, no matter how close to the router you are. I'm actually plugged in for work to avoid that, but can't do that in my garage where I train.

As per the fit file, I didn't check today and uninstalled all those games from my laptop, but last time it happened even in my rides history in the game only the first 35mins appeared despite the fact that I carried on and finished a 2 hour activity..

Edited by Jbr

1 hour ago, Jbr said:

I had a problem on a free ride, also using IndieVelo on MacOS. The difference between Zwift and IndieVelo is local vs server side connection. When Zwift loses connection, the riders around you disappear and you remain connected to the world you’re in, whereas IndieVelo completely loses all connection. 

Seems like something that could be improved, recovery from offline mode (at least in the rides history) after a dropout.

I've been relatively lucky and not had too many wifi dropouts. Last time it did happen, I thought there was a message on screen, but I don't have a screen capture of how it looked.

yeah, mywoosh supports offline mode, and it does reconnect you after a drop, sometimes more succesfully than others, but the fact that in Indie your onscreen data keeps going as if nothing happened but it's all lost in the end is confusing and disappointing. Luckily I always double save on my Wahoo just in case. Just frustrating to see that elevation/distance gone 😅

Edited by Jbr

31 minutes ago, Jbr said:

Mac, for some reason all the Macs I've had have recurrent wifi drops, no matter how close to the router you are. I'm actually plugged in for work to avoid that, but can't do that in my garage where I train.

As per the fit file, I didn't check today and uninstalled all those games from my laptop, but last time it happened even in my rides history in the game only the first 35mins appeared despite the fact that I carried on and finished a 2 hour activity..

Maybe get a wi-fi extender in the garage, then run a network cable from the extender to your trainer setup.

Tip - dont let your phone auto connect to the extender, especially not a Samsung.  It grabs onto this signal when you get home, then hangs onto this weaker signal when you are in the house.

26 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Maybe get a wi-fi extender in the garage, then run a network cable from the extender to your trainer setup.

I did something like this, minus the cable.

I bought an extra Asus wifi router, with the AIMesh feature (my main router connected to the fibre is also Asus with AIMesh), and connected it to the network in the app. Of course running a cable would be the best, but this is way easier than getting a network cable through multiple tick walls.

Edited by HdB

18 minutes ago, HdB said:

I did something like this, minus the cable.

I bought an extra Asus wifi router, with the AIMesh feature (my main router connected to the fibre is also Asus with AIMesh), and connected it to the network in the app. Of course running a cable would be the best, but this is way easier than getting a network cable through multiple tick walls.

Mine is also wireless from the house to the garage.  Near impossible to run a wire between these two points.

Setting up the victron we ran a network cable from the wifi extender to the Victron.  Later switched to wifi.  Also have Sonof wifi, wireless, switches on the extender network.

@Jbr notes that Macs prefer a wired connection.  Wireless from router to extender should be fine.  Then a network cable to the extender to keep the Mac happy.

Disclaimer ... certainly not my field of expertise.  Just a bit of school fees.  The IT guys may have better solutions.

1 hour ago, ChrisF said:

Macs prefer a wired connection.

MacBook Air’s don’t have any USB ports and no ethernet port. Only two USB-C ports.

So not possible to have a wired connection.

3 hours ago, Frosty said:

MacBook Air’s don’t have any USB ports and no ethernet port. Only two USB-C ports.

So not possible to have a wired connection.

Ouch ....  been a while since I have tried out any Apple products.

Actually some newer, high end, laptops dont have ethernet ports either.  I needed to get a "docking station" / "USB extender".

The right extender into the thunderbolt port actually works remarkably well on a laptop.  Perfect to set up a pre-connected setup in office and at home.  Connect power and the thunderbolt and you are sorted !!

Okay, okay ... I doubt the half-eaten-fruit has a thunderbolt connection.  A USB-3 should get one sorted though .....

On 7/31/2024 at 9:51 AM, Irvin85 said:

Until MyWhoosh do not sort out the hardware requirements it will be hard to see them get a better following. I have tried it on two decent Laptops and my Iphone. Laptops could not even download what they call the "friendlier" version. Iphone graphics is horrible and the airplay did not want to cast to a tv. 

I have tried all three of them recently and Indievelo has given me the most realistic experience and I will be sticking to it. 

I couldn't get my decent laptop to work with the MyWhoosh HD version. Shaper's comment somewhere mentioned there is a non-HD version for Windows. I got this version, and it works great. Syncing with TrainingPeaks is flawless. For a free platform, this is brilliant and solid. They will attract many Zwift users. In my circle alone, three of us switched from paying around R440 per month to using this free option.

My only regret is losing my Tron bike and my level 60 status...

1 hour ago, peetwindhoek said:

I couldn't get my decent laptop to work with the MyWhoosh HD version. Shaper's comment somewhere mentioned there is a non-HD version for Windows. I got this version, and it works great. Syncing with TrainingPeaks is flawless. For a free platform, this is brilliant and solid. They will attract many Zwift users. In my circle alone, three of us switched from paying around R440 per month to using this free option.

Read here about data migration of your zwift rides so can move up levels/coins and be able to upgrade your gear https://www.mywhoosh.com/fuel-your-ride-with-a-whooping-mywhoosh-3-7-0-boost/#:~:text=Simply submit all relevant data,be reflected on your profile.

7 hours ago, Frosty said:

3 hours ago, ChrisF said:

Ouch ....  been a while since I have tried out any Apple products.

Looked now, and there’s an earphone jack (the round type) as opposed to the lightning type jack on wired iOS earphones. Two steps forward on the left and one step back on the other side. 😂🤦‍♂️

15 hours ago, peetwindhoek said:

Even the Non HD version does not want to work on any of laptops I have. Graphics card is not good enough. I will revisit Mywhoosh once Indievelo starts charging, I do not ride enough to justify paying R440 for maybe 1 or 2 rides a month. 

I use mine a ton at the moment and still don’t want to(sad truth is I don’t have R440) spend that money.. gone to mywhoosh and i haven’t had a big enough gripe yet to consider a paid platform again.. it’s really good enough for me..

22 minutes ago, Irvin85 said:

Even the Non HD version does not want to work on any of laptops I have. Graphics card is not good enough. I will revisit Mywhoosh once Indievelo starts charging, I do not ride enough to justify paying R440 for maybe 1 or 2 rides a month.