Do not trust LindorRide

rolfer

I bought a set of brakes from LindorRide (Hosea) that were advertised as a full set of XT BR-M8100 brakes. What I got, however, was two correct brake levers and one correct brake calliper with one flat-mount BR-M8110 brake calliper. I contacted the guy about this and he appologized and said he'd send me the correct calliper. Apparently it was a friend that had that sent them on his behalf, so he didn't know... I was super patient with him and about three weeks later all I got was an adapter for the flat-mount calliper. He then told me that Shimano sell the brake set like this and I should just use the adapter and everything would be fine. What a cheek! I generally feel this user isn't trustworthy, and the source of components is seeming ever more dubios, too.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Could you see the different calipers on his photo before buying it?

Assume you used Bikehub pay?

I aslo had a incident with him and gave feedback as well. Bought Shimano shifters from and only fitted it 2 weeks later as I was waiting for my handerbars. Left shifter did not work. Had to send a video so that he can send me a new one while waiting for a warranty claim. Booked Pudo and nothing happened, followed up for about 2 weeks and gave up. Definitely avoid doing any business with. He should be blocked from bikehub as he has a couple similar names on bikehub. 

Screenshot_20230729_064401_WhatsAppBusiness.jpg

Edited by Zatek
Additional info

I have always been skeptical about his ads and his pricing is often very cheap.

Anybody met with him before? Actual Cyclists or just a potential dark alley parts collector

Had a pick up with him once. Seems he gets parts off insurance bikes/dark market. From a shop he works at when I bought a powertap(too good to be true price) off him which subsequently was none functioning...and disc rotor was worn beyond use. Hub ended up being a indoor hub for the kicker snap

13 hours ago, rolfer said:

I bought a set of brakes from LindorRide (Hosea) that were advertised as a full set of XT BR-M8100 brakes. What I got, however, was two correct brake levers and one correct brake calliper with one flat-mount BR-M8110 brake calliper. I contacted the guy about this and he appologized and said he'd send me the correct calliper. Apparently it was a friend that had that sent them on his behalf, so he didn't know... I was super patient with him and about three weeks later all I got was an adapter for the flat-mount calliper. He then told me that Shimano sell the brake set like this and I should just use the adapter and everything would be fine. What a cheek! I generally feel this user isn't trustworthy, and the source of components is seeming ever more dubios, too.

Thanks for reporting this. 

There's a similar issue with another deal in progress via Bike Hub Pay. 

Based on the issues and reports this is not the type of behaviour we want or expect on Bike Hub. The account has been banned. 

1 hour ago, Zatek said:

...He should be blocked from bikehub as he has a couple similar names on bikehub. 

We'll hunt for these but if you recall them please DM me or report the accounts. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Toasted marshmallows said:

Had a pick up with him once. Seems he gets parts off insurance bikes/dark market. From a shop he works at when I bought a powertap(too good to be true price) off him which subsequently was none functioning...and disc rotor was worn beyond use. Hub ended up being a indoor hub for the kicker snap

Dark market .... Isn't there a recent thread asking what happens to all the high end bikes that get stolen

16 minutes ago, Mamil said:

Dark market .... Isn't there a recent thread asking what happens to all the high end bikes that get stolen

And dare I say, looking at the manner in which transactions are done, speaks volumes for his character, would not be surprised…

24 minutes ago, cadenceblur said:

And dare I say, looking at the manner in which transactions are done, speaks volumes for his character, would not be surprised…

Would be interesting to know how many succesful transactions he's conducted and for the beneficiaries of his discounted prices to know the provenance of their bike parts.

He also used to flog Fox shocks dirt cheap too. I nearly fell for a transaction with him a few months ago but walked away. 

The MO at the time was also stripped down insurance claim parts

On 7/29/2023 at 4:08 AM, Mongoose! said:

Could you see the different calipers on his photo before buying it?

Assume you used Bikehub pay?

No, the calliper in question wasn't identifiable as such. Looked like a complete set from what I could see.

Unfortunately I did not.

i also had a bad experience with him, i bought shifters from him on behalf of someone else. First I did not receive the shifters so i called his bank and reported that I have been scammed, I had to make a case at the police station and then they blocked his bank account. He then sent me the shifters and begged that I call the bank to remove the block as his salary gets paid into that account. I only called the bank once I received the shifters. A week or 2 later after my friend fitted the shifters, the 1 shifter was faulty, i messaged him about it but he just ignored my messages

On 7/29/2023 at 8:26 AM, cadenceblur said:

What a “special” individual then, why have all his accounts not been banned ? 
Don’t need this kind of trash on the hub. 

oh wow, so his description of the word "done" is different to the standard one in the dictionary.

image.png.cd44060811c4c57b5b2b9d2034871822.png