Do not trust LindorRide

rolfer

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm the one that had a deal in progress with this individual. Thank God for Bike Hub Pay and Matt for being a legend.

Bought a Cassette and hub from him and he sent me a broken shifter😬

Also had a month of the "Done" treatment.

This tart is now trying to sell me parts off the hub and has the ordasity to tell me to release the funds to him.

Screenshot_20230715_110232_WhatsApp.jpg

Screenshot_20230715_111424_WhatsApp.jpg

Edited by Mavriq
Missed some info

Maybe you should also go the police open a case and get his back account locked. There are only so few banks and it will catch up with him eventually. 

2 hours ago, CARANXCycleMobile said:

I also had some issues with that seller, he got a negative rating

Needs jail time. Negative ratings should be the least of this specimen's concerns!

On 7/29/2023 at 1:59 PM, 117 said:

He also used to flog Fox shocks dirt cheap too. I nearly fell for a transaction with him a few months ago but walked away. 

The MO at the time was also stripped down insurance claim parts

I wonder if he just assumes that everyone is insured and everyone is going to claim....

My boss was the victim of a home invasion a while ago, while tied up, his captor told him if he co-operates, everything will be fine, he is insured so he will loose nothing.  It's almost as if they see it like they are stealing from the insurance companies, not from you as an individual.

He gave me the impression that he has frames/parts which have been bought back by the insurance company,  and hes selling these parts off to people on behalf of the insurance crowd

On 7/29/2023 at 10:48 AM, Mamil said:

Would be interesting to know how many succesful transactions he's conducted and for the beneficiaries of his discounted prices to know the provenance of their bike parts.

I purchased Look Pedals from him, beginning of June. Purchase went smoothly and pedals arrived a couple days later. Pedals were in good condition and came with new cleats.

Overall not a bad experience, but maybe i was one of the few lucky ones.

Received some information (not verified) that he works for Trek. From the waybill info it shows that the parcels he sends are from Fourways. Mayber Trek Fourways🤷‍♂️

A buddy of mine was also scammed by him and called his bank to alert them about the fraudulent transaction. They came to the party and blocked his bank account and he was pleading my buddy to have it un-blocked by eventually sending him his goods only to find out 2 weeks later that the shifters he sent him was faulty. 

Edited by Mavriq
Spelling errors

Hi All,

I had the unfortunate luck of dealing with this same individual as well.

I was looking for a set of hubs for a mates bike that we were building up. I bought these hubs and they looked great when i received them. Put the hubs onto the frame and when the maxle was tightened up the rear hub seized up completely. Front hub was just and tight and di not turn freely.

I messaged the seller complaining of the deal and requested that we reverse the deal, to which he declined. After spraying some Q20 onto the front hub bearings i did managed to get the front hub to turn buy the bearing sound terrible.

Now I am sitting with a set of hubs and spokes that require new bearings for the hubs to be used.

A quick fix i am sure but, nothing not what I was expecting to have to do.

Regards

Yip, i had a similar experience with him when when i bought a set of Magura brakes, and the one lever was leaking. Luckily i managed to get some cash back from him as compensation. Only after hounding him for weeks though.

This is one of the reasons I only ever buy new parts, unless I know first hand where the parts are sourced from. Even better if I know the bike the parts come off of i.e. a buddy or someone they know.

38 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

This is one of the reasons I only ever buy new parts, unless I know first hand where the parts are sourced from. Even better if I know the bike the parts come off of i.e. a buddy or someone they know.

Best bet is to see the parts in person. I bought a bunch of second hand parts for my bike, and every single one of them is still going strong. It's about knowing what to look for and actually 'feeling the parts' like spinning the bearings on the hubs, checking the shifter has all clicks engaging nicely etc. 

It certainly helps if you know what to look for, but if not, bring a long a mate who does, or alternatively, meet at your LBS and get them to check it out. Also don't get desperate. If it is too good to be true, it generally is.

I find it strange that we are only getting to hear of his poor form now, or was he rated accordingly, (didn’t check tbh)

That’s usually a tell tale sign and people need to use the rating system.

39 minutes ago, cadenceblur said:

I find it strange that we are only getting to hear of his poor form now, or was he rated accordingly, (didn’t check tbh)

That’s usually a tell tale sign and people need to use the rating system.

Rating system means nothing. Many accounts here with very concerning 1 star ratings that never get flagged.