Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

I miss my road bike. Still loooong before I have it again.

That's how I felt riding my MTB twice in the last two weeks. Been way too long, but was good to be back on the road bike.

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

After more than a week off the bike, except for the trainer, I finally got out of the house on the mtb. We were blessed with a beautifull warm sunny day in the Breederiver Valley.

Did alot of climbing and took most off my pics from the top of the hills. c796658414955b6f7022c96717c78cc3.jpg3454637310a417f6c6edf7f5c3a0b93e.jpgaad398c26ad46fbf28c0968c65fe6f84.jpg2f9cba34486acf81c7b804b2e3193243.jpgEnded up with 31km's and 900m of climbing. Must admit it was very taxing on the body.

Sent from my S40 using Tapatalk

After more than a week off the bike, except for the trainer, I finally got out of the house on the mtb. We were blessed with a beautifull warm sunny day in the Breederiver Valley.

Did alot of climbing and took most off my pics from the top of the hills. Ended up with 31km's and 900m of climbing. Must admit it was very taxing on the body.

Sent from my S40 using Tapatalk

Damn that's some proper climbing. Love seeing pics of the cape . Always makes me question my sanity & why i live in the big smoke ????

No bloody where! I have been shut indoors in a dark auditorium listening to lectures for 3 days solid, with aircon blasting freezing dry air and imported sputtering and coughing from all over the world going on all around me.......which reminded me of how that exact scenario gave me the flu that nearly killed me last year at To Hell & Back! I get miserable when I haven't seen the sun in 3 days and I start to feel like a mole!! Might as well live in London! 

No bloody where! I have been shut indoors in a dark auditorium listening to lectures for 3 days solid, with aircon blasting freezing dry air and imported sputtering and coughing from all over the world going on all around me.......which reminded me of how that exact scenario gave me the flu that nearly killed me last year at To Hell & Back! I get miserable when I haven't seen the sun in 3 days and I start to feel like a mole!! Might as well live in London! 

:cursing:  frustrating! 

Agree 1000% our need to the sun is far stronger than we know. Like you say just in uk for a year and see how bad your hankering for the sun becomes ????

Stil the best place to ride and test yourself even after 100's of laps.

Trying to figure out where that pic is from... On the way down from Barry's point ?

It is a few hundred meters into Samuel ....

It is a few hundred meters into Samuel ....

damn really...that's such a cool new section to add to the green route oh and a proper lung buster. And the new fire station is becoming well bed in. On Saturday I even took the 2 no new part of the fire station to end up in the middle of the veld when the track ran out ????. Edited by Pikey

damn really...that's such a cool new section to add to the green route oh and a proper lung buster. And the new fire station is becoming well bed in. On Saturday I even took the 2 no new part of the fire station to end up in the middle of the veld when the track ran out [emoji85].

We did the same thing on Saturday, got to where the weedeater ran out of petrol and had to bushwhack back to the path! [emoji15]

Note to self, always check distance before you set out if you are unsure.  Ended up doing 83km when I thought it would only be 65 odd.  Was a great ride out though. Devonvale - Hells - Elsenburg.

post-43855-0-33555400-1465194446_thumb.jpg  Top of Devonvale

post-43855-0-88487100-1465194444_thumb.jpg Top of Hellshoogte

Edited by Maniax

We did the same thing on Saturday, got to where the weedeater ran out of petrol and had to bushwhack back to the path! [emoji15]

Am surprised I didn't see Sheldon & you guys.

Will be a really cool testing loop when that section is finished (if you add in Samuel & yafta)