[Event] Old Mutual Wealth Double Century

Abby.F

My first DC, got drafted into a team on Monday.

Wow, you can’t explain DC, you need to experience it. I get it now, it’s completely different to any other bike race. The vibe, the collective effort (from riders and support teams). The intense sense of achievement. 
I’ll be back next year, that’s for sure.

IMG_3214.jpeg.f12225db05c180d91e1b78a46bdb1dbb.jpegIMG_3217.jpeg.3b4476cefcdcbc4188bb0f807beb4d7d.jpeg

32 minutes ago, MongooseMan said:

Wow, you can’t explain DC, you need to experience it. I get it now, it’s completely different to any other bike race. The vibe, the collective effort (from riders and support teams). The intense sense of achievement. 

IMG_3214.jpeg.f12225db05c180d91e1b78a46bdb1dbb.jpegIMG_3217.jpeg.3b4476cefcdcbc4188bb0f807beb4d7d.jpeg

Ah, we spent quite a bit of time rolling with you guys. I see one of our members in the corner of your pic!

17 hours ago, MongooseMan said:

This, I say this every year. It the best road race on the calendar for me... and I don't race ever... and mainly MTB. Absolutely love it

...this was by far the hardest one for me 🥴

Edited by Meezo

Had a great day out, apart from the box that stopped dead right in front of causing me to crash and ruin my shoe and scrape my shifter 😡, fortunately I could continue with a few grazes and bruises.

Our plan was for a 12 man finish which we achieved within our target time as well, also reckon we could have shaved off about 20 minutes 

Just two pages of Dc Banter>???!!! What am I missing?

My 11th finish was pretty special.

Riding with a buddy who a year ago went into remission made it a memorable ride.

Great teamwork, excellent weather, and the usual excellent organisation just added the cherries on top.

Another fantastic goodie bag sponsored by Old Mutual that included some usual stuff like hot methanol gel warm up rub, a huge container of nuts and raisins, a current copy of bicycling magazine, ciovita socks and a base layer. 👌

We waiting on the PureSavage race report🫣

Very unusual that this DC had such a little comments / banter.

Another great event all in all, with lots of punctures from start to finish.

It was my 6th DC.
And it has moved to the top of my list of best races to do in SA.
The camaraderie and all-round positive attitude of every cyclist participating is infectious.  

You get to cycle for a whole day is a stunning part of our country with scenery out of a travel book and every now and again you stop to eat and drink.

What is not to love.

I'll be back for sure!

Edited by Spinnekop

• 5 months later...

Does anyone know the date for this year's event? The organisers usually only announce it in July/August. My guess is Saturday 23 November. Is it safe to plan around this date?