Which brand do you use as a chamois cream and does it actually have a decent smell?

Razor1972

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/22/2023 at 10:46 AM, Bikalot said:

Couple posts/questions on Speen salf/milking cream and baby bum cream. Definitely some pro's and cons to the each of them.

When we developed ASS MAGIC, we used what we thought were the best elements of each product and combined them into ours along with a couple of other key ingredients.

Speen salf/milking cream - typically this would use Lanolin which is the oil/wax that is derived from sheep's wool. It has fantastic anti chafe properties and if used at the right concentration, will last long enough, but still be able to wash easily out of your chamois at less than 40 degrees centigrade - typically you don't want to wash technical apparel at too high temperature

Baby bum cream - such as a Bennets for example has Zinc Oxide in it, this is what gives it the white colour and almost 'pastey' texture. This can help form a protective film over the skin whilst still allowing the skin to 'breath' and also has good healing properties.

Thanks for popping in

Anyone use FIT chamois cream? I have come across this a while back and like the natural ingredients. I have sensitive skin and this works for me. Most of the other stuff dont. 

On 9/22/2023 at 12:04 PM, Dirt Tracker said:

Gotta be the classic. Nothing better to get you going once that is on the chamois. Deep_heat2_900x.jpg.a63af1dc702184c68878d60807917a0d.jpg

You joke,

Back in the 90s A pal of mine used that stuff on his legs before a race. One morning he applies the rub and goes for a warm up but when he gets back he needs the bathroom.

I’ve never seen a oke squirm and grimace like that. All I could make out was “my d*** is on fire!!!”

I nearly  had an asthma attack I laughed so hard

Edited by DieselnDust

3 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

You joke,

Back in the 90s A pal of mine used that stuff on his legs before a race. One morning he applies the rub and goes for a warm up but when he gets back he needs the bathroom.

I’ve never seen a oke squirm and grimace like that. All I could make out was “my d*** is on fire!!!”

I nearly  had an asthma attack I laughed so hard

Too funny. When we were juniors back in Europe we’d regularly pick one of the crew to add a little DH to their shorts in a weekend crit or league race. Never got old watching the chosen one disappear out the back of the pack at pace after talking up his need for us all to support his anticipated break and obvious win. Almost as good as waxing up a buddies board with soap for his birthday surf. 

To avoid using these products I normally Shower or Bath before Cycling and After.

If RingSting is present this is what I keep in Stock.

bottomside.jpg