Am I being unreasonable (cheap fork purchase)

RobynE

5 hours ago, Chadvdw67 said:

Report the seller, he is a scammer, report him and get his account taken down.

@Matt

I tend to agree with you @Chadvdw67, I've seen this guy re-posting his crap over and over without removing the old stuff. To be honest I've seen one or two items which I thought I may be keen to own but for some weird reason I decided not to contact him, now I know why, it was my spidey-senses warning me to steer clear 🥴

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, RobertWhitehead said:

I tend to agree with you @Chadvdw67, I've seen this guy re-posting his crap over and over without removing the old stuff. To be honest I've seen one or two items which I thought I may be keen to own but for some weird reason I decided not to contact him, now I know why, it was my spidey-senses warning me to steer clear 🥴

Sellers have done far worse and still remained on le Hub. Example the ND thread that was deleted. For sure OP would have lost his money if he didn't take it to the forums.

8 minutes ago, RobynE said:

I got a reciprocal 1-star rating 😂 😂 

IMG_1152.png

I suppose that was to be expected 😐. Maybe send @Matt a mail and find out where you stand. Admin's call at the end of the day. 

Hahaha! The nerve! Gives you a reciprocal one star rating with that comment. After he sold that k#k as a fork in "good" condition!? He actually actively selected "good" and not "poo(r)". 

Just another case to bring back the comments in the classifieds. We need to protect and warn each other here obviously. 

This is no longer a safe space. 🤣

17 minutes ago, V18 said:

Hahaha! The nerve! Gives you a reciprocal one star rating with that comment. After he sold that k#k as a fork in "good" condition!? He actually actively selected "good" and not "poo(r)". 

Just another case to bring back the comments in the classifieds. We need to protect and warn each other here obviously. 

This is no longer a safe space. 🤣

Yep. In the ad, and in the messages I sent before I committed to it he reconfirms that it’s functional. I thought “funtional” was a typo but maybe he thought it meant something else 😂 

Anyway, water under the bridge now. I’ll leave it hanging in my garage as a reminder to myself next time I see a “bargain”. 

IMG_1067.png

IMG_1154.png

11 hours ago, RobynE said:

Yep. In the ad, and in the messages I sent before I committed to it he reconfirms that it’s functional. I thought “funtional” was a typo but maybe he thought it meant something else 😂 

Anyway, water under the bridge now. I’ll leave it hanging in my garage as a reminder to myself next time I see a “bargain”. 

IMG_1067.png

IMG_1154.png

Maybe @Wheels1 would care to explain.

Why he would list an item as good when clearly it is scrap.

Why he would state on more than one occasion that it is functional when it is not.

Why the reciprocal 1 star rating when you question his misrepresenting the item. 

Yoh Friday already.

Liewe koeie........... Those pictures... if that is the sellers version of "Used - Good" imagine what "poor" would be...

Looks like they used some 80grit sandpaper for dust wipers inside that fork...

Then also to respond by giving you a 1-star rating, which looks like garbage written by a 6 year old... wow... just wow... the oke also spells/types like the items he sells... BROKEN...

Used good = Used good... not thrown down a cliff and dragged by donkey for 3km before being used as some form of farming utensil by an indigenous tribe for at least 4 years.

Edited by 440MTB

14 hours ago, RobynE said:

I got a reciprocal 1-star rating 😂 😂 

IMG_1152.png

What a barefaced lie. I'd be happy for admin to give this guy a week to:

a: remove or change this review to reflect the facts

b:remove his multiple adverts.

If not, ban him.  His honour is worth R400; he belongs on gumtree and this place would be better off without him.

1 minute ago, Shebeen said:

What a barefaced lie. I'd be happy for admin to give this guy a week to:

a: remove or change this review to reflect the facts

b:remove his multiple adverts.

If not, ban him.  His honour is worth R400; he belongs on gumtree and this place would be better off without him.

Honour is cheep these day's.  R400 seems to be the going rate. If i recall ND also had a R400 price tag.