@Jewbacca`s Munga 2024 Challenge / Fundraising for SPCA

DJuice

This is online bullying at its richest. 

Now you guys need to work on a chamois sponsor, a glove sponsor and the weather gods. And what poor Jewbacca will do next (he will have many, many, many bumpy hours contemplating this next December).

• The Rhino?
  • Freedom Challenge?
  • Frontal lobotomy?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, Tim Brink said:

This is online bullying at its richest. 

Now you guys need to work on a chamois sponsor, a glove sponsor and the weather gods. And what poor Jewbacca will do next (he will have many, many, many bumpy hours contemplating this next December).

• The Rhino?
  • Freedom Challenge?
  • Frontal lobotomy?

hahahaha The problem is time away 

On a BMX, Freedom Challenge will be a full term, so like 18 days of riding. 3 weeks plus recovery is just not feasible with work, dadding and life unfortunately.

I'm trying to see of I can put together a BMX with a 100mm fork and a dropper post which I can do MTB races on. 

I think that could be fun. It's been a while since I did any marathon racing on the MTB but I don't remember too many that would be problematic re skill/technical trails.

@ZakV not extra yet! The entry goalposts shifted slightly to 25k but for now that is covered.

The SPCA donation campaign will be up and running from tomorrow, so hopefully I can get through this busy period at work unscathed and get cracking with some idiotic things to do on the BMX early next year.

My broken elbow is healing well, so I should be able to step off the trainer and outdoors soon too. 

YOH! Adventure awaits... I must book my leave for Munga NOW!

4 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

hahahaha The problem is time away 

On a BMX, Freedom Challenge will be a full term, so like 18 days of riding. 3 weeks plus recovery is just not feasible with work, dadding and life unfortunately.

I'm trying to see of I can put together a BMX with a 100mm fork and a dropper post which I can do MTB races on. 

I think that could be fun. It's been a while since I did any marathon racing on the MTB but I don't remember too many that would be problematic re skill/technical trails.

@ZakV not extra yet! The entry goalposts shifted slightly to 25k but for now that is covered.

The SPCA donation campaign will be up and running from tomorrow, so hopefully I can get through this busy period at work unscathed and get cracking with some idiotic things to do on the BMX early next year.

My broken elbow is healing well, so I should be able to step off the trainer and outdoors soon too. 

YOH! Adventure awaits... I must book my leave for Munga NOW!

Most people would be threatening people to discourage donation. #bananas

2 minutes ago, Mamil said:

Most people would be threatening people to discourage donation. #bananas

I am thoroughly looking forward to this!

I was trying to figure out where one trains/tests equipment for something like this in Cape Town. 

Also how bad those two climbs at the end are. Like doing a gravel red hill twice? I have no gauge but need to figure out gear ratios

2 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

I am thoroughly looking forward to this!

I was trying to figure out where one trains/tests equipment for something like this in Cape Town. 

Also how bad those two climbs at the end are. Like doing a gravel red hill twice? I have no gauge but need to figure out gear ratios

Mine is going to be big gravel days out to Malmesbury, Riebeek k and W for the hills, darling ....

Man, this is ******* awesome! And proof that if you're a lekker dude the universe will have lekker things happen to you. 

Very, very jelly @Jewbacca, but also super excited to dot watch you next December! Please keep us updated on the bike, this abomination will be something magical.

7 minutes ago, Mamil said:

Mine is going to be big gravel days out to Malmesbury, Riebeek k and W for the hills, darling ....

Ok, this makes sense. I may have to spend a day or two out that way.

3 minutes ago, TyronLab said:

Man, this is ******* awesome! And proof that if you're a lekker dude the universe will have lekker things happen to you. 

Very, very jelly @Jewbacca, but also super excited to dot watch you next December! Please keep us updated on the bike, this abomination will be something magical.

hahahaha 

Frankenbike! Right up your alley!

I will post some pictures of the new seatpost and then put the whole bike back together. 

I was hoping to put a dropper post on the bike but the seatpost in 27.2 and nothing is long enough.

Figuring out frame bags and bottle solutions will also be fun. I figured for clothes all I really need are a spare pair of bibs, spare socks, a Bivvy bag and some thermals. Then some bike spares.

Food and fluids will be the essential bit and space on the frame is VERY limited

We have long enough to plan this. I’m thinking live stream gopro/youtube😋. Guy, we are basically all going to be living the Munga through you - vicariously. Thats also why I think this happened. Most of us cant, but we can watch a lekker, semi normal guy give it a go😅 @Jewbacca will defo be one of the most watched dots next year thats for sure🤘🤘🤘🤘

33 minutes ago, Mamil said:

pop in. I'll cook you something... Forecasts show tailwinds for what seems like forever

1 hour ago, Baracuda said:

If it reached 30k, would you do it in jeans as well?

Like cut off jeans or full length jeans?

I mean, I've been known to ride many races in a Jeanshort and flannel

Full length? yeah nah!