@Jewbacca`s Munga 2024 Challenge / Fundraising for SPCA

DJuice

26 minutes ago, Patchelicious said:

Always happy to help.

I'll pledge a bag of dog food to the same doggy sanctuary for every 100km that Guy manages.

Will double it if he does it on a BMX.

Thank you @Patchelicious, knew you would be a sport and join the effort.

All the best. Hopefully back in SA for a sunny holiday!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, I FLY said:

I am in.

R2500 towards entry fee and 

R2.50 per km travelled.

Thank you @I FLY, appreciate and very generous of you.

All the best.

Between payments and commitments, we are halfway to the reduced entry fee :thumbup:

I have made my humble contribution to the entry fee.

Come race time I will match my amount, for a mad man on little bike going nuts for the critters :clap:

Glad there is a gap in the calendar .... as I will be directing some funds this way in the next few months -

https://www.iloveboobies.co.za/products/make-a-donation

After 10 March 2024 it is all hands on deck for the critters .... :clap:

19 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Between payments and commitments, we are halfway to the reduced entry fee :thumbup:

I have made my humble contribution to the entry fee.

Come race time I will match my amount, for a mad man on little bike going nuts for the critters :clap:

Glad there is a gap in the calendar .... as I will be directing some funds this way in the next few months -

https://www.iloveboobies.co.za/products/make-a-donation

After 10 March 2024 it is all hands on deck for the critters .... :clap:

Thank you @ChrisF

Geez guys!

This is amazing!

Sorry, I've been a bit remiss this last week dealing with some work commitments and emergencies. 

We had a major flooding at work and trying to mobilise people to replace carpets, fix built in cupboards etc in December is proving to be quite trying!

I promise I will get my ass into gear with some pictures and stuff ASAP

3 hours ago, Patchelicious said:

Always happy to help.

I'll pledge a bag of dog food to the same doggy sanctuary for every 100km that Guy manages.

Will double it if he does it on a BMX.

The sun in Yzies id doing you good 👊

Maybe check with Munga as to the entry options .... this latest post on their site suggests the discounted entries are already sold out .....

Anybody with some influence that can get an SPCA entry at the Aniversery rate .....

M24.JPG.5fb682267133bfa8bbae244bbc751e31.JPG

12 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Maybe check with Munga as to the entry options .... this latest post on their site suggests the discounted entries are already sold out .....

Anybody with some influence that can get an SPCA entry at the Aniversery rate .....

M24.JPG.5fb682267133bfa8bbae244bbc751e31.JPG

I will send them an email today and see what the deal is. I just tried to register to enter and it would only drop down a Munga Equippe option, so hopefully they can clarify

Edited by Jewbacca

Here's an idea I'm throwing out to connect the dots (SPCA, Jewbacca's love of unique bikes and a hub legacy).

I'd love to see Jewbacca ride this to Wellington with either a stoker or a big fluffy toy dog on that Brooks saddle. It has its heart and soul in the Karoo.

Thoughts?

Full specs: Unique tandem with a hint of history attached. | Hardtail Mountain Bikes | Bike Hub

image.png.ace5f14a11c983a769e8b45d4f274877.png

35 minutes ago, tubed said:

Here's an idea I'm throwing out to connect the dots (SPCA, Jewbacca's love of unique bikes and a hub legacy).

I'd love to see Jewbacca ride this to Wellington with either a stoker or a big fluffy toy dog on that Brooks saddle. It has its heart and soul in the Karoo.

Thoughts?

Full specs: Unique tandem with a hint of history attached. | Hardtail Mountain Bikes | Bike Hub

image.png.ace5f14a11c983a769e8b45d4f274877.png

The Teddy on the stoker seat would definitely need to be wearing overalls or an apron with a thought bubble mumbling about the aqueduct and water mobsters making life hard in Prince Albert...... 

7 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

The Teddy on the stoker seat would definitely need to be wearing overalls or an apron with a thought bubble mumbling about the aqueduct and water mobsters making life hard in Prince Albert...... 

…someone say….aquaduct? ;)

The 20k discount entries are sold out. Looks like the number of discount entries available was limited.

34 minutes ago, Mamil said:

The 20k discount entries are sold out. Looks like the number of discount entries available was limited.

I have located a benefactor who is happy to pay the extra 4995 for the early bird if I raise the 20k

So all is not lost!

(There may be some slight exaggeration in the above and it is, in fact, just my wife who has given me permission to spend some money from our savings) 

Edited by Jewbacca