the unofficial Cape Epic 2024 thread

Shebeen

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, BuffsVintageBikes said:

Gees, we're a hard bunch to please... live streaming for free, from multiple choppers, motorcycles and e-bikes and we still bitch about all aspects of it 😲 1st world problems in a 3rd world hey !!!

every year hey, last year it started from the prologue, damn choppers were blowing dust on the riders, what a shame !! 😜

Edited by Jbr

Grotz is gonna blow later this week. He is hanging on by the skin of his teeth.

32 minutes ago, BaGearA said:

okay so why a bike check now ????

I imagine there’s pre-recorded footage that the producer brings in for entertainment value or continuity whenever there are technical issues or loss of satellite signal to the live race.

Edited by 'Dale

I know getting the signal out isn't easy but they've been doing it for just a few years....today was really bad?

Remember also that the stream to Youtube goes via the undersea cable network, which have 4 cables still broken.

If only the ANC was not such idiots we would have had Elon's network covering us.

Edited by dev null

7 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

I imagine there’s pre-recorded footage that the producer brings in for entertainment value or continuity whenever there are technical issues or loss of satellite signal to the live race.

exactly, fillers.

2 minutes ago, love2fly said:

I know getting the signal out isn't easy but they've been doing it for just a few years....today was really bad?

I don't know, feels every year there's a lot of that no ?

I mean, even at the Giro you miss half of the action some days, so I don't find it so surprising that we miss a bit of the racing in the "untamed africa".

Would really like to have some sort of live gaps somwhere on the stream though, but I mean, I'm not even watching, just have the stream in the background so maybe there are but I just miss them everytime.