Should Bike Hubbers be banned?

betaboy

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, betaboy said:

Question: Should Bike Hubbers that incorrectly spell Campagnolo be banned for a period of 31 days?

🤓🤭✍️….

So, there is a bike shop in PE that sells used stuff. 

They were advertising a Campag Veloce derailleur as "Compact". 

If a bike shop can't get it right. 

44 minutes ago, RobertWhitehead said:

Campag who? Oooo wait, it's a roadie thing :whistling:. Why don't they make mtb stuff? It will most definitely add value to their brand

The gravel one (ekar?) didn't really gain traction? I mean, unless it can rival sram and shimano offerings with some sort of mind blowing new way of doing things ( imagine they came with T-type), it’s a sizeable investment into R&D for something that maybe only the die hard loyal roadie snakes who also XCO would really play with. Since we are talking about ignoring the world stage or elite competition….the average  mountainbiker doesn't want pretty carbon cages and lightweight pretty stuff, they want bombproof and reliable stuff that can get smashed against rocks and keep going.

Edited by MORNE

13 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

Campagnolo not to be confused with Campagnola region in Italy….

campagnolo don’t have to advertise, everybody who rides a bicycle knows the nae

I never heard of it. Had to Google it. It's like owning a Ferrari. What's the point. Just a name 

I had a few iterations and never liked it.

The thumbies on the shifters annoyed me.

The old vintage stuff worked really well for it's age, but compared to modern bike stuff it isn't exceptional. It just relies on fan boys, cycling passion and a history to remain relevant. 

The modern stuff isn't better than price point equivalent systems. 

I had a heap of old chrome stuff that I sold off after my Vintage Steel Colnago Master got stolen. 

Pitchforks and flame suit on, but unless you're a builder/collector, it's a waste of money, especially in SA where parts have to be sourced and imported 

Anyone interested in a 8speed campagnolo road groupset? Wheels with cassette, f+r derailleur, shifters and bars. Clearing out the parts bin

Edited by Ruben Hechter
Spelling

3 hours ago, MORNE said:

The gravel one (ekar?) didn't really gain traction? I mean, unless it can rival sram and shimano offerings with some sort of mind blowing new way of doing things ( imagine they came with T-type), it’s a sizeable investment into R&D for something that maybe only the die hard loyal roadie snakes who also XCO would really play with. Since we are talking about ignoring the world stage or elite competition….the average  mountainbiker doesn't want pretty carbon cages and lightweight pretty stuff, they want bombproof and reliable stuff that can get smashed against rocks and keep going.

I would agree, they really chucked their name away with Ekar

Campy needs to stay on the road, no place for them offroad. Let SRAM and the others fight it out on the trails.

Oh and what happened to all out old signatures, I was very fond of mine

"I'll walk before I ride Shitmano" 

2 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

it's a waste of money, especially in SA where parts have to be sourced and imported 

You can thank the importer for that. They really don't do the brand any justice

4 minutes ago, madmarc said:

You can thank the importer for that. They really don't do the brand any justice

In all fairness .....

Is this not exactly why Shimano is taking a knock in SA ?

We were having this exact discussion this week about imported items for our industry.  I recommend TWO products to our clients.  Sure, there are so many more very good products in Europe .... but only these two have a stable representation here and proper back-up.