Cape Town Cycle Tour 2024

pdasilva

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So last seeding run for cycle tour is this week, probably during the course of tomorrow 

weather wise its looking increasingly predictable at SE 35-50km/hr

40 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

So last seeding run for cycle tour is this week, probably during the course of tomorrow 

weather wise its looking increasingly predictable at SE 35-50km/hr

with a confidence level of 20%

20 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

with a confidence level of 20%

If you want to know what the weather will be like in CT, look out of the window.

Sometimes you'll get outside to find you looked out of the wrong window.

And if you don't like what you find, wait 15 minutes.

1 hour ago, droo said:

If you want to know what the weather will be like in CT, look out of the window.

Sometimes you'll get outside to find you looked out of the wrong window.

And if you don't like what you find, wait 15 minutes.

Toooo true Bru ...

Has anybody who did the 99er received their official CTCT seeding batch email yet?
On the 13th Feb (15 days ago already!), we all received the following email:

"Most race numbers have already been allocated. However, your seeding is currently being processed and will be sent out shortly.
Entrants who will not be receiving their seeding just yet include:

• Recent entrants and substitutions
  • Riders who participated in the Gryphon 99er (expect your seeding next week)

A final seeding notification will be sent prior to the commencement of the Cape Town Cycle Tour Registration and Lifecycle Expo "

Just now, Hilton. said:

Has anybody who did the 99er received their official CTCT seeding batch email yet?

"Most race numbers have already been allocated. However, your seeding is currently being processed and will be sent out shortly.

A final seeding notification will be sent prior to the commencement of the Cape Town Cycle Tour Registration and Lifecycle Expo "

Similar was asked on Facebook

Apparently it will be emailed next week .... they carried on to say you can check on Finish Time

4 minutes ago, Hilton. said:

You can see your start group on Racetec

http://results.racetec.co.za/results.aspx?sid=0

29 minutes ago, MongooseMan said:

You can see your start group on Racetec

http://results.racetec.co.za/results.aspx?sid=0

If I remember correctly from previous years, the Racetec seeding batch is more of a general suggestion of your batch for PPA-type races.

I don't think it necessarily tells you exactly which Cycle Tour start batch you will be in. Probably close though.

4 minutes ago, Hilton. said:

If I remember correctly from previous years, the Racetec seeding batch is more of a general suggestion of your batch for PPA-type races.

I don't think it necessarily tells you exactly which Cycle Tour start batch you will be in. Probably close though.

No. It has your start group & time for the 2024 CTCT

53 minutes ago, Hilton. said:

https://www.capetowncycletour.com/lifecycle-week/ctct/2023-cape-town-cycle-tour-start-times/

Scroll all the way down, then click on "Click here" .... hiehie ....

You are now directed to a Finish Time page.  Top right - enter your surname in the search box ..... scroll and click on your name.  

On the next window you see your name, race number, starting group and starting time

My body decided to get the flu that's been going round the office. Hopefully I will feel good to ride. I'm generally a slow healer. 

My start time is a bit earlier than previous years and did not do much races to be seeded.

I think this is further evidence of a drop in people participating.

3 hours ago, ChrisF said:

https://www.capetowncycletour.com/lifecycle-week/ctct/2023-cape-town-cycle-tour-start-times/

Scroll all the way down, then click on "Click here" .... hiehie ....

You are now directed to a Finish Time page.  Top right - enter your surname in the search box ..... scroll and click on your name.  

On the next window you see your name, race number, starting group and starting time

The results of the 99er and the PP tour have not yet been taken into consideration for the seedings on the Finish Time page so it will still have to be adjusted.  

5 minutes ago, dsw said:

The results of the 99er and the PP tour have not yet been taken into consideration for the seedings on the Finish Time page so it will still have to be adjusted.  

It is now. 

just received confirmation of my start group and time.