Cape Town Cycle Tour 2024

pdasilva

6 minutes ago, Skubarra said:

We need a new thread!! 2025 here we come 😀

Whoever starts it, should chat to MongooseMan and add those Start Group/Responses links to the first post

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to seeing what the entry numbers are going to look like next year since the CTCT falls in Ramadan

keep eye out for virtual tour... 

36 minutes ago, MSA said:

Looking forward to seeing what the entry numbers are going to look like next year since the CTCT falls in Ramadan

15 hours ago, ChrisF said:

9th of March 2025.

2nd Sunday of March as always.

According to the entry portal.

8j7gjt.jpg

51 minutes ago, MSA said:

how significant do you think it is, maybe 1500 riders? I know this was discussed earlier, was there ever a formal approach to CTCT to accommodate it? it affects both '25 and '26, right?

Dates for Ramadan

Holiday Date Days to Go
Ramadan 2022 Sunday, April 03, 2022 -711
Ramadan 2023 Thursday, March 23, 2023 -357
Ramadan 2024 Monday, March 11, 2024 -3
Ramadan 2025 Saturday, March 01, 2025 352
Ramadan 2026 Wednesday, February 18, 2026 706
Ramadan 2027 Monday, February 08, 2027 1061

The obvious* plan is to just do night riding!

get a posse together and do it on argus saturday night from 8pm, WILD!

1 hour ago, MSA said:

Just had a look at the calendar. 2025 & 2026 will be during Ramadan.

2027 could be touch and go. Even then it would be doing the race with no/minimal training. If you have an indoor trainer it will obviously help but you’d still not be race fit.

So for me, trying for a sub 3 again, I would have to wait until 2028 🤦🏻‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Bub Marley said:

Just had a look at the calendar. 2025 & 2026 will be during Ramadan.

2027 could be touch and go. Even then it would be doing the race with no/minimal training. If you have an indoor trainer it will obviously help but you’d still not be race fit.

So for me, trying for a sub 3 again, I would have to wait until 2028 🤦🏻‍♂️

excuse my ignorance on the matter, what are the restrictions on you for Ramadan ?

I know of the fasting, but does it not allow exception for sport or illness ? Or is this level of sport considered more recreation and therefore no exception.

1 minute ago, The Ouzo said:

excuse my ignorance on the matter, what are the restrictions on you for Ramadan ?

I know of the fasting, but does it not allow exception for sport or illness ? Or is this level of sport considered more recreation and therefore no exception.

There is exception for illness. 

No exception for sport whether or not it’s recreation. 

Surely there would be more than 1500 Muslim cyclists doing the CTCT. Wonder if they (CTCT) would make this information available 🤨

I also recall this topic briefly being discussed a while ago in terms of moving the race... maybe to say October as they did during the pandemic. But hey that would be a far cry due to logistics etc even though they have enough time to get the necessary approvals.

Agreed 2027 definitely touch and go and would be nowhere near race fit or 1A fit 😅 

2 hours ago, RustyHWR said:

Do you know what the weather is going to be like on 9/03/2025?

Wind wont be worse than 2024 ... hopefully

Rain wont be worse than 2022 .... HOPEFULLY ...

10 minutes ago, Bub Marley said:

There is exception for illness. 

No exception for sport whether or not it’s recreation. 

and in terms of training ? any restrictions ? (other than the fact that you've got depleted nutrition levels and therefore cant train 100%)

2 hours ago, Skubarra said:

You should know by now, goodie bag discussions before weather discussions

OKAY .... now that I have your fullest attention ....

Who wants TWO goodies bags ?  (Second one MUCH nicer than the official CTCT goodie bag ?)

Join the I-Love-Boobies pink train in 2025 :clap:  @Silver rider can tell more about the contents ...

The "few" riders that started with the I-Love-Boobies batch -

CTCT2024-163.jpg.a6edd2cfbcf4126bc5fbbaa10b97ac12.jpg

Effectively a full start shute on their own !!   Let's see if we can make it TWO start shutes full in 2025

3 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

and in terms of training ? any restrictions ? (other than the fact that you've got depleted nutrition levels and therefore cant train 100%)

You can train if you want. Don’t think there’s any restrictions.

A lot of Muslim pro’s play sport and fast at the same time. They won’t be at their best clearly but you can if you want to.

Just now, Bub Marley said:

You can train if you want. Don’t think there’s any restrictions.

A lot of Muslim pro’s play sport and fast at the same time. They won’t be at their best clearly but you can if you want to.

thanks.

So you could, if you wanted to, still do the ride at a more sedate pace. But risk dehydration and/or bonking.

Just now, The Ouzo said:

thanks.

So you could, if you wanted to, still do the ride at a more sedate pace. But risk dehydration and/or bonking.

Yip. You could do this if you wanted to.

I initially thought I might do this and make a fun day out of it. Always wanted to do a fun Argus one year. Then i just realised the fun part would actually be stopping at the feed stations and indulging in the food and drinks there. So yeah, I won’t be doing it. Will probably do my fun Argus in 2027 given that we’d only be a few days after fast so wont be fit.