At what point is "name & shame" acceptable on BH?

nox1111

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, PappaWatTrap said:

I made the mistake of reading the entire thread in one go. What do I do with all this adrenaline pumping and ready to go...but nowhere to go at my desk

Go on Hellopeter and read the threads on Webuycars - makes this seem like a bedtime story :)

1 hour ago, nox1111 said:

Go on Hellopeter and read the threads on Webuycars - makes this seem like a bedtime story :)

Scary thought ....

WBC is listing on the stock exchange ....  disconnect between business ethics and business success ......

9 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Scary thought ....

WBC is listing on the stock exchange ....  disconnect between business ethics and business success ......

I did not read the complaints on hellopeter, but what i've picked up is that people are unhappy that they are buying cars with problems.

WBC business model is "Here is an independent report (Dekra) telling you what they picked up, you buy this car accepting this report and the fact that it may not have picked up all the faults."

i.e. Voetstoots. 

They dont hide this fact, but people just see the "cheap" price and go gaga and then when the honeymoon period is over they are sorry.

Edited by The Ouzo

1 minute ago, The Ouzo said:

I did not read the complaints on hellopeter, but what i've picked up is that people are unhappy that they are buying cars with problems.

WBC business model is "Here is an independent report (Dekra) telling you what they picked up, you buy this car accepting this report and the fact that it may not have picked up all the faults."

i.e. Voetstoots. 

They dont hide this fact, but people just see the "cheap" price and go gaga and then when the honeymoon period is over they are sorry.

WBC are making a joke of the consumer protection act .....

Either all 2nd hand traders comply with CPA, or it may as well be scrapped.

Decra is a feeble excuse ....

Sorry, their ethics dont sit well ...

6 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

WBC are making a joke of the consumer protection act .....

why? they are not hiding anything.

The flip side of this is that people are all to happy to have WBC buy their heap of rubbish from them when dealers wont offer proper trade-ins because the condition of the car.

Edit.

B.T.W. I dont like WBC, they have screwed up the car market in SA and others have jumped onto the bandwagon.

Edited by The Ouzo

15 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

i.e. Voetstoots. 

Its sooooo much worse than you think 

Dekra's reports for WBC is not independent, WBC pays the Dekra staff - and they do the tests inhouse... Dekra does not recognize said tests when you query them. but that's a whole different discussion.
A new thread just for that is worthwhile.

12 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

why? they are not hiding anything.

The flip side of this is that people are all to happy to have WBC buy their heap of rubbish from them when dealers wont offer proper trade-ins because the condition of the car.

Edit.

B.T.W. I dont like WBC, they have screwed up the car market in SA and others have jumped onto the bandwagon.

Why ?

MANY people are not technically inclined and not able to "check out" a car.  Thus the CPA, to ensure dealers do their due diligence .... to protect clients.

Fancy word play by WBC makes a mockery op CPA.

Just a matter of time before they are taken to task on this ....

1 hour ago, nox1111 said:

Dekra's reports for WBC is not independent, WBC pays the Dekra staff - and they do the tests inhouse... Dekra does not recognize said tests when you query them. but that's a whole different discussion.
A new thread just for that is worthwhile.

How true is this ?

I'm aware they have inhouse Dekra inspectors, but was not aware they were not affiliated to Dekra at all. Surely Dekra would have an issue with this ?

Having in house people affiliated to an external company is not unusual, but operating under an external company name and not being affiliated IS unusual.