Stolen: Specialized Turbo Levo (orange) - without battery 2016 (Western Cape)

MTBAustria

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi I think this bike was sold on Facebook marketplace today

2 minutes ago, MTBAustria said:

Gut feeling is telling me it wasn't sold, Perhaps he was made aware of this post on bikehub and then marked it as sold.

If it was sold, Then atleast the seller seems like a real person judging by that FB profile, He then needs to give you the details of who he sold the bike to and the cops can go fetch it, The money paid then becomes and issue between him and the seller, Not you.

Please keep us in the loop about what happens, Because either 1 he has the bike or 2 he sold it or 3 he had it, realises not it's hot property and has moved it on.

I would hope it should now be pretty straightforward to point saps in this guys direction and he needs to explain where the bike came from and who he sold it to so that it can be recovered?

3 hours ago, Murrob said:

I would hope it should now be pretty straightforward to point saps in this guys direction and he needs to explain where the bike came from and who he sold it to so that it can be recovered?

One would hope ....

If it was sold, he is guilty of the crime of dealing in stolen property.

Claiming he didn't know it was stolen is not a defence.

Specialized have been notified and we found one of the other Levos stolen the next day.. also without battery.. 

They have pictures and serial numbers. 

Police are apparently going to arrest the Facebook suspect.........

Edited by MTBAustria

4 hours ago, MTBAustria said:

Police are apparently going to arrest the Facebook suspect......... who knows when.

They're all just pathetic. 

Harsh; there are a few who go the extra mile….

see what happens, and THEN ‘dis them, if you must; presently you are mentally setting yourself up for failure.

Cheers

Chris