Vuelta 2024 - Dispara los salchichas!

Shebeen

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pablo Castrillo (EKP) becomes the first Spanish rider to win two stages in one Vuelta since Alberto Contador 10 years ago. 

Roglič penalised 20 seconds for drafting team car for a little too long. This places him just over a minute back from the red jersey.

Week 2 completed. Week 3 is going to be so intense, especially the podium battle for 1 and 2. 

20 seconds? That was silly and recon more penalties should be incurred for that kinda drafting...

That climb was mental. Actually thought red would be lost. The Aussie making a decent fight going into 3rd week. 

13 hours ago, Jbr said:

I never thought I'd be so happy to see a spanish guy win. What a ride, wow.. 

Spanish riders stopped eating "spiked" steak a number of years ago. Looks like they're on infused tomatoes now 💥

16 hours ago, babse said:

20 seconds? That was silly and recon more penalties should be incurred for that kinda drafting...

As a voluntary bike swap, the Commissaires should have treated it as “dropped” and initiated a barrage. Make them work to close the gap they allowed to open.

yeah, it's difficult though, as technically, it is always forbidden (even if there's a mechanical), only tolerated in that case but as an unwritten rule.

I reckon the rules should change, if you need a new bike due to a mechanical issue, the new bike must be same spec + old bike will be inspected, then you're allowed to draft. Otherwise you're on your own

18 hours ago, Jbr said:

yeah, it's difficult though, as technically, it is always forbidden (even if there's a mechanical), only tolerated in that case but as an unwritten rule.

I reckon the rules should change, if you need a new bike due to a mechanical issue, the new bike must be same spec + old bike will be inspected, then you're allowed to draft. Otherwise you're on your own

In a perfect world yes.
But the mechanic can just deflate a tyre and claim the only available bike had different specs... 🙃

2 hours ago, bleedToWin said:

In a perfect world yes.
But the mechanic can just deflate a tyre and claim the only available bike had different specs... 🙃

true (for the 1st part), for the 2nd part, well it's your problem

Cycling could really use a shake up of the rules that includes making things less open to interpretation and writing down some of the "unwritten" rules!

WvA in a 17man breakaway, 10min lead to the peloton. He is currently the holder of the King of the Mountains jersey and the Sprinters jersey...

CAT1->CAT1->Sprint->HC climbs coming. Is he seriously in the break to try and take points for both classifications?!

There aren't any other "superstar" riders in the group... will he just go for the stage win while he is at it?!

I think the final climb is way to much, even for him. Let's see

27 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

WvA in a 17man breakaway, 10min lead to the peloton. He is currently the holder of the King of the Mountains jersey and the Sprinters jersey...

CAT1->CAT1->Sprint->HC climbs coming. Is he seriously in the break to try and take points for both classifications?!

There aren't any other "superstar" riders in the group... will he just go for the stage win while he is at it?!

I think the final climb is way to much, even for him. Let's see

Well, WvA goes for the 1st KoM points and then pushes ahead.

1min lead currently.

He is actually going for it....

Any word yet? Thay looked proper einah... 

Anyway Rog stays on his bike for another day and is only now a sniff away from Red.