Song of the day, add your current favourite....

SwissVan

and while we are talking about that oh so important era of british music...it would not be complete without making mention of the greatest pop song in music recording history..

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was watching (for the life of me can't remember on what or where) a clip of Mick Jones in later life doing a set in a library and whilst  he was obviously much older, that guitar sound was just as memorable.  I think he sang as well but was not the same as Joe Strummer.

and while we are talking about that oh so important era of british music...it would not be complete without making mention of the greatest pop song in music recording history..

John Peel's favourite song of all time. Seek out the documentary it's excellent.

true that

great song too

super jealous..Unfortunately i was in the UK in the midst of all that 90's britpop douchebaggery...but still managed to see some pretty memorable bands

as for the clash..this has to be my favourite clash video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOgwuwzfyvQ

Apart from the "Douchebaggery" and there was a lot, the nineties was a great time to be a music lover in the UK. The end of Shoegazing, the renaissance of guitar based indie rock, gigs everywhere it was great!

I was travelling the world as was the want of my employer and living between Bayswater and Cape Town.

I've been a very lucky fellow,

Apart from the "Douchebaggery" and there was a lot, the nineties was a great time to be a music lover in the UK. The end of Shoegazing, the renaissance of guitar based indie rock, gigs everywhere it was great!

I was travelling the world as was the want of my employer and living between Bayswater and Cape Town.

I've been a very lucky fellow,

Agreed... Great great bands and plenty of them. My favourite band of the time.. And still up there... Was the kitchens of distinction who were classified as a shoegazing band.. But were not really... Was the first band I saw live. Upstairs at a small pub in Camden..I was like a deer in the headlights.. Cannot remember one song they played. Fortunately got to see them again though!

Always enjoyed those small venues. Watching j mascis do an acoustic set once I casually glanced to my left and noticed bobby Gillespie chilling next to me!

Edited by Stretch

Agreed... Great great bands and plenty of them. My favourite band of the time.. And still up there... Was the kitchens of distinction who were classified as a shoegazing band.. But were not really... Was the first band I saw live. Upstairs at a small pub in Camden..I was like a deer in the headlights.. Cannot remember one song they played. Fortunately got to see them again though!

Always enjoyed those small venues. Watching j mascis do an acoustic set once I casually glanced to my left and noticed bobby Gillespie chilling next to me!

Aah Camden. Went there on my first trip home after moving to SA. Loved it.