Song of the day, add your current favourite....

SwissVan

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How on earth did you unearth THAT? The very last thing I expected to come across and a real trip down memory lane. The Endler Hall is probably the auditorium with the best acoustics in SA and the US choir has been consistently top notch for many decades. When I was there it earned you respect even in a time when rugby got you into heaven. Great post!  :thumbup:

Edit: But the weird flower doesn't work

Edited by DJR

Just to be different and follow Seans lead. This is a mass choir collaboration between SACS and Springfield high schools. The recording is rubbish, but the singing excellent.

How on earth did you unearth THAT? The very last thing I expected to come across and a real trip down memory lane. The Endler Hall is probably the auditorium with the best acoustics in SA and the US choir has been consistently top notch for many decades. When I was there it earned you respect even in a time when rugby got you into heaven. Great post!  :thumbup:

Hi DJR

To be honest i was just searching for the John Legend original (searched the song title without the artist name) and came across this rendition by the US choir. Glad I did.  :D

I just love the way the YouTube search algorithm works. There are times when it comes up with the weirdest results and then times when it suggests some real gems.

The "weird flower" is as a result of a link followed, somehow totally unrelated to my original search if i recall correctly. I loved the weird flower version of the Donna Summer classic ;)

Agree 1000%!!! But then I am a real sucker for choirs...

At Aardklop they invite kids from Youth Choirs around the country for a 3 day workshop, culminating in a show with a well known artist/band on the Saturday eve in the Beeld Auditorium at NWU.

Last year it was with Chris Chameleon, this year with Parlotones. I will not miss it ever again.

Wow thanks. Massive nostalgia trigger and I'm busy going down YouTube's rabbit hole. Kief!

Between Ser at the Endler and drama productions at the HBO Thom, stellies provided a lekker counterbalance to my days in the mountains and nights at rock shows. Reckon I should clean up and take Wifey on an Endler date