Song of the day, add your current favourite....

SwissVan

I don't know why, but I am really enjoying Jedi Mind Tricks!

Edited by Hairy

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those of us who are old enough to remember The Stranglers and their hit Golden Brown . I came upon this yesterday and first thought that my eyes and ears were deceiving me. It's a tribute to Dave Greenfield, keyboardist with the group, and a victim of Covid 19 early in May.

It is actually Dave Brubeck's Take Five, live from the '60's. It was done by a sax player ( and boffin with sound editing by the looks of it) ,Laurence Mason. Overplaying parts and fiddling with things on a computer.

Edited by Blokman

Those of us who are old enough to remember The Stranglers and their hit Golden Brown . I came upon this yesterday and first thought that my eyes and ears were deceiving me. It's a tribute to Dave Greenfield, keyboardist with the group, and a victim of Covid 19 early in May.

It is actually Dave Brubeck's Take Five, live from the '60's. It was done by a sax player ( and boffin with sound editing by the looks of it) ,Laurence Mason. Overplaying parts and fiddling with things on a computer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Qs1J612nZs

The Stranglers did some good stuff. One of the few bands to successfully transition through the Punk Rock era.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Qs1J612nZs

That's awesome!

Dave Brubeck's Take Five was one of my Dad's favourite bands, he loved his jazz. Strange to hear them playing a Stranglers tune which is one of my favourites. I wish he was still around to share with him. Who knew!

I listen to all sorts, but currently I have this on repeat. Remember the original coming out oh so long ago.....

This is boring

I have the original on vinyl Frankie Goes to Hollywood

Nothing like the 80s bud

This is boring

I have the original on vinyl Frankie Goes to Hollywood

Nothing like the 80s bud

I remember being in primary school and drawing a line of some sort of characters or symbol that were related to  FGTH?

Can't remember  much else but do seem to remember this and obviously the lyrics went right over my young head. Think it was banned on TOTP as well. 

First song I heard was "Duchess" back around 1980. The kid from the UK bought it over from the UK on 7" single.

"Golden Brown" is a song that takes me right back to 1982 the second I hear it. I remember my friends, my first car, my first serious gilrfriend..... Jeez we had so much time in front of us!