Tubbies vs Clinchers: Punctures

Spinnekop

Which of the two punctures the easiest?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the two punctures the easiest?

• Tubbie
    • Clincher

So.

I have added up. 

Tubbies:

1622km done in 2008

6 punctures

270km per tyre

Cost or replacing/fixing R3 500

Clinchers:

10 016km done in 2008

3 punctures

3 338km per tube

Cost or replacing R150.00

So......is is all down to BAD LUCK that I puncture so much on tubbies? 

I have a theorie.........take a blunt nail.  Press it against a balloon that has been blown up to the max......easy pop.

Same nail.  Balloon blown up half way......you have to press harder because the balloon gives way because of the low pressure.

Yes?  No?

Wa die slim inginieurs?  Wit jassies?

Sies' date=' patch jy nie jou tjoeps nie???[/quote']

Nee, ek maak ketty rek met hulle om die katte in die buurt vrek te maak.  Maak BAIE lekker slippers van daai vel!  Approve

Sies' date=' patch jy nie jou tjoeps nie???[/quote']

Nee, ek maak ketty rek met hulle om die katte in die buurt vrek te maak.  Maak BAIE lekker slippers van daai vel!  Approve

Ai, ons mag nie katte skiet hier nie (behalwe na threshold tests), maar almal eet hasies vir Kersfees!  Miskien kan ek hasies probeer skiet met die kettie?  Ma ek weet nie of jy kan slippers maak met hulle nie.

Kyk eerder net wa jy ry en los die ballone vir jou kiners

Ek DOEN!!!   Ek ry deur elke stukkie glas wat ek kan sien sodat my skaduweetjie (Hello Nochain my biets) kan puncture......Big%20smile

OK Spidy now you have control results ..... if you now pass on those wheels with the tubbies to myself I can check if I have the same results. This will confirm whether the problem lies with the rider or the equipment Approve

Thing is the tubbies only ever get used for racing and you aren't as careful where you put your bike when you race....We sometimes take a few extra risk and tighter corners etc!! so there may be more than just the fact of air pressure that creates more punctures!!!

You punctured Sunday SpideyShockedCry

Thing is the tubbies only ever get used for racing and you aren't as careful where you put your bike when you race....We sometimes take a few extra risk and tighter corners etc!! so there may be more than just the fact of air pressure that creates more punctures!!!

But i guess you may gain in the rolling resistance aspect and cornering, but possibly lose when it comes to puncture resistance... and you would not be paying as much attention as to where you put your wheels when you racing.. you just belt it as fast as possible...

But i guess you may gain in the rolling resistance aspect and cornering' date='
[/quote']

Clinchers have better rolling resistance that Tubbies.  Fact.

(Depending on make, moddel, pressures etc...etc...etc...blah..blah....)

Cornering?

I have a team mate that had a tubbie climb off in the corner at the Tour of Maurice.  Shocked

Cornering?

I have a team mate that had a tubbie climb off in the corner at the Tour of Maurice.  Shocked

Next time he should get someone to do a decent job when glueing it on.

Spidey, I did the same thing, workout out how many races I finished with the tubbies and how much it cost to repair over a season, the results spoke for themselves and I sold them asap!

Kyk eerder net wa jy ry en los die ballone vir jou kiners

As hy hulle gebruik instede van om hulle op te blaas was daar nie nou kinners nieShockedShockedShockedShocked