Ride Mag vs Bicycling ?

shade

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Both aren't even worth reading while on the pot!!

Best thing to do is get 4 buddies and take turns buying Procycling or Cyclingsport.  Each person keeps it for a week and then passes it on.  Last person gets to keep the mag. 

Works out at 20 bucks for the month each' date=' (cheaper than the local ........) 
[/quote']

how cheap and unpatriotic of you

Hubba-hubba do you ride a SA made bike??  Sometimes you have to go overseas for quality??  (I still support the local mags, buying them regularly, just get disapointed when there isn't much to read.)

As for the cheap bit, yes I would have to agree on that point but then again do you enjoy the consumer society we live in today where we buy something use it once and then chuck it.

Ek kry die bicycling deur Vitality so dit kos my next-to-nothing. Ek ken nie regtig ride nie, maar ek geniet die bicycling genoeg dat ek nie die ride ook koop nie.

ag, coastal core is nog steeds die beste value vir money vir my. Plus ek skat al die ouens wat vir vitality betaal en blou status is betaal vir my boekies. (hoop so)

jy betaal vir jou Bicycling deur vitality. Dis ingebou in the cos van jou medical aid...Wink

Nie regtig nie. Dit is 'n apparte produk wat jou omtrent R80-R90 'n maand kos.

Anyway, iemand het ges? hulle koop hulle Pro Cycling tydskrif direk van die Suid Afrikaanse agente. Ek kan onthou hulle telefoon nommer begin met 728 aangesien my werk nommer ook so begin. Kan daai persoon asb weer die nommer post.

I bought the latest issues of both Mags over the past week and they both are unimaginative and boring.

Road Tests / Off-Road tests -- Oh, we've never thought about that

All they both do is regurgitate 2 month old stories.

The "first person" review that appeared in Ride mag was a verbatim reproduction of the review that was on cyclingnews.com.  Not similar.  Not almost the same' date=' but word for word.  Plagiarism sucks....... 

[/quote']

Funny you should mention this.... I bought a copy of Bicycling USA edition whilst in the States last year March. The interesting thing was that there was a letter to the editor that appeared in our local version. The only change was that in the local copy the letter was from a "Koos Van Tonder" or something like that. Plagiarism & Fraud? 

Have you thought it may be because Bicycling SA and Bicycling USA are licenced to each other and share content like FHM does. Honestly one too many falls on the head with an inferior helmut.

Have you thought it may be because Bicycling SA and Bicycling USA are licenced to each other and share content like FHM does. Honestly one too many falls on the head with an inferior helmut.

That's fine but don't then make changes to create an opinion from a South African that dosen't exist or live in Bredasdorp!

Isn't Helmut Lotti a Belgian?

Either way, perhaps the reason you would strap him to your head (and he is certainly one of the inferior Helmuts) and then fall is to get him to SHUT THE FECK UP!!!

Brilliant, yes I think he is Belgium. Him Mannequin-Pis and beer together with a few chocolates were the only things to come out of belgium, Unless you cound Tintin and Jean-claude van damme.