Ride Mag vs Bicycling ?

shade

My R 0.02c.....

IMHO I think that Bicycling caters more predominantly towards the Road cyclist whereas Ride is geared more towards the MTB'er.

Each one has their merits.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you know what Tim rides?

Who cares?

No just kidding! I know the Ride mag editor and enjoy spending time with her. I don't know the Bicycling editor (although I know one of their crazy DH rider/ journo/ salespeople?)

I like Ride, I also feel it contributes more to MTB, plus they immortalised my dad on pg 13, nothing beats that!

yeah that whole incident just palin stopped my buying Ride.

That and the layout gives me a headache.

Then there's that Spinman fellow and his Epic features and lavish praisr for anything he receives for free. Give me honest reviews' date=' the god with the bad and no regurgitated stuff I get off the web for free.
[/quote']

Careful, you will incur the wrath of Oom H if you ask for reviews on god...Confused

I think that Ride need to change their printer - the magazine smells funny.  Not sure if it is the ink or the paper...but I don't read it because it stinks, literally.

(although I know one of their crazy DH rider/ journo/ salespeople?)

Myles?

Yup. I think he was hitting on me, we kept on 'accidentally' ending up on the same trails at Logwood. Tongue

And he was doing a wheelie along Showtime, singletrack with dips. OK, so I'm married, but I was impressed!

don't bother with either - i just want to puke every time i see "how to climb like a pro in 10 easy steps" or your "10 week plan to a faster Argus"DeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDead in the BUYCYCLING MAG. 

butafly

In fairness, Bicycling is produced by Touchline Media.  The same people who do Men's Health.  This month.... 6 weeks to rock hard abs, 69 sex tips guaranteed to make her faint and why it's manly to moisturise.

Next month,  the same articles in a slightly different order.

I think that Ride need to change their printer - the magazine smells funny.  Not sure if it is the ink or the paper...but I don't read it because it stinks' date=' literally.

[/quote']

LOL

What does it smell like?

Generally I choose my mags if they smell of beer and pizza

I think that Ride need to change their printer - the magazine smells funny.  Not sure if it is the ink or the paper...but I don't read it because it stinks' date=' literally.

[/quote']

LOL

What does it smell like?

Generally I choose my mags if they smell of beer and pizza

It has a chemical smell - and some people may like that Wink, but I find it quite harsh.  Not niceDead

This month.... 6 weeks to rock hard abs' date=' 69 sex tips guaranteed to make her faint and why it's manly to moisturise.

Next month,  the same articles in a slightly different order.
[/quote']

What? you mean "6 sex tips guaranteed to make her faint" "69 weeks to moisturise" and "Why it's manly to have rock hard abs"

BM - true , but Buycycling had the same headlines ten years ago when they were an All American issue. what bugs me the most is that they contradict themselves like "how to cut fat out of your diet" then the following issue they advise "how to lose weight eating fat".