Radio 702 this morning

cat-i

Spinnekop and Michelle you are missing the point. On Ondekkers there is several groups that use this road but one specific group believe they are above the law and can do as they please.

When they stop( if they do decide to do so) it is ALL OVER THE LANES BETWEEN THE CARS ETC hence at pulloff they create confusion with the motorists as they are all over the place and this is the CRUX of the matter not the size of the group.

I find it amazing that we should be told to stick up for our kind EVEN though they are breaking the rules .What example is this the the new/younger riders coming into the sport???????????

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Spinnekop and Michelle you are missing the point. On Ondekkers there is several groups that use this road but one specific group believe they are above the law and can do as they please.

When they stop( if they do decide to do so) it is ALL OVER THE LANES BETWEEN THE CARS ETC hence at pulloff they create confusion with the motorists as they are all over the place and this is the CRUX of the matter not the size of the group.

I find it amazing that we should be told to stick up for our kind EVEN though they are breaking the rules .What example is this the the new/younger riders coming into the sport???????????

Mallo.

Agree.  We should not stick up for them.

What I do prepose is that people that has an issue with this, should TAKE ACTION and stop BITCHING!!

To come and write about it on a public forum is just showing other people how bad we really are.
Go over to the bunch.  Find out who they are and file a formal complaint with the club chairman.  After that, complain to the traffic dept.  You get where I am going with this.

when motorists get stck behind slow moving trucks and tractors they do not hoot and carry on they just have to wait until they can get past

a tractor or slow moving vehicle cannot get any narrower. cyclists riding 2 abreast (eeek, there's that word again) can drop to single file.

how can we expect to be treated as road users when so many drivers see cyclists as road ABusers?

Let me get something straight here.  A group of cyclists p!ss of motorists, now we are not allowed to lobby for our rights on the road.  I almost got wiped out this morning by a bitch in her ML Merc who wanted to jump the red light, but I must rather not say anything or use my middle finger, because that ..... I don't now, might be rude.

Ironically, 99% of those motorists who have so much to say about cyclists commit traffic offenses daily. 

This is why we will never get anything right in this country.  Nobody can agree and simly do not have time for one another.

Ironically' date=' 99% of those motorists who have so much to say about cyclists commit traffic offenses daily.[/quote']

Agreed... I see and hear people, cyclists and regular folk, complaining about crime and so forth and so on, and then I see them get in their cars and immediately speed, fail to stop at Stop signs, and so forth and so on.... "kettle? this is pot calling"

Smile and wave I say Big%20smile You never know which of the motorists out there have a 9mm tucked in his side pouch. I tell you it aint no fun being shot at !!! It really is not worth it to get aggro with the motorists !! As my Seargent Major in the army used to say " Jungle Justice sal praat"

Let me get something straight here.  A group of cyclists p!ss of motorists' date=' now we are not allowed to lobby for our rights on the road.  I almost got wiped out this morning by a bitch in her ML Merc who wanted to jump the red light, but I must rather not say anything or use my middle finger, because that ..... I don't now, might be rude.

Ironically, 99% of those motorists who have so much to say about cyclists commit traffic offenses daily. 

This is why we will never get anything right in this country.  Nobody can agree and simly do not have time for one another.
[/quote']

I dont get this, so what you are saying is that "because motorists commit offences every day, its now OKAY for a cyclist to do so as well" or for that matter another motorist.?

Two wrongs have never made a right Bateleur 1.

I understand what you are saying about getting irritated or aggressive, but there is a bigger picture involved here, its no just about one cyclist giving the rude signs, its the collective number of rude signs that give the poor image, its not one or two cyclists riding abreast, its the collective numbers, its not about one cyclist jumping the lights, its about the collective number and so forth.

You are probably right and collectively we may never agree with each other, but you and I can agree to change our ways, to be more polite, to forgive and forget, to smile and wave, remember "the longest journey starts with the first small step."

porky2007-02-01 06:55:54

but you and I can agree to change our ways' date=' to be more polite, to forgive and forget, to smile and wave, remember "the longest journey starts with the first small step." 
[/quote']

100% You are either part of the problem or part of the solution. In the smallest way possible to the biggest.

TNT12007-02-01 06:08:31

Two wrongs have never made a right big ben.

What did I say?smiley5.gif

OOOPSShocked SOOOORRY big ben - I have corrected the post.Embarrassed