2nd lap at argus

fandacious

u want 2 do a 2nd LAP... easy just pay double entry fee ....

Been there done that.  But....the only way the SYSTEM allows you to pay double is if you ride Giro AND enter as a Jan-alle-man.

Did the Giro......took off my number and my chip.

Climb on the tandem with my wife (we were entered as tandems) with our tandem numbers on and bobs your uncle....second loop.

VERY NICE!  The vibe is awesome.  The beer is great!

But unfortunately there is NO other way to pay double entry except if you are doing it under an alias which will be illegal.....

Any other smart ass comments that will actually HELP?  Ouch

what's this giro thing you going on about?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem with the second lap is that the Organizers cater for a certain amount of cyclists......if 10% do a double, the back markers will not have water/coke/barones.

So understandably, the organizers do not want to have the guys doing a second one.

But it would be nice for you to be able to pay double and do the second one..........that would sort out the recourses problem, ja?

That said, what happens 3000 guys do a double......and then deprive 3000 "new" guys from an entry........

The problem with the second lap is that the Organizers cater for a certain amount of cyclists......if 10% do a double' date=' the back markers will not have water/coke/barones.

So understandably, the organizers do not want to have the guys doing a second one.

But it would be nice for you to be able to pay double and do the second one..........that would sort out the recourses problem, ja?

That said, what happens 3000 guys do a double......and then deprive 3000 "new" guys from an entry........

[/quote'] Plus adding to the congestion which is already horrendous for the backmarkers.  Better to let everyone get their money's worth rather than clog the roads.

like some of you guys say.... i just wanna do a second lap for the vibe' date=' enjoy the views and waterpoints, just take it easy and have a great time....cause when you race you barely see the great views of CT [/quote']

Excacty right!

The trick is the right frame of mind - if you do your second lap as a racer you'll hate it - if you do your second lap as a weekend warrior you'll love it.

My advice is throw ego out of window and enjoy - I pushed a few people up the hills, stopped about 20 times to snap some photos, fix punctures and neck beer, tried to hit on some cycling nurses (failed miserably) - hell I even swapped bikes with some oke for a few km's cos he "wanted to feel a real thoroughbred between his legs" ShockedShocked

Race snakes miss out on so much in the pursuit of goals!!

Conditions of Entry

1. To compete in the Cycle Tour, you must be born in 1996 or earlier (you must be born in 1998 or earlier if riding on a tandem with an adult).

2. You are required to complete the course within 7 hours to be awarded a result and finishing certificate.

3. There are no refunds.

4. If you are unable to take part in the event and wish to have your entry substituted, you may ask the substitute to reimburse you but you may not ask for more than what you originally paid for your entry. Please make sure that the substitute follows the correct substitution procedure which is available from the organisers. If the correct procedure is not adhered to and the substitute rider is found riding illegally, both parties could be prosecuted.

5. The Tour will take place regardless of bad weather and will only be cancelled, re-routed or stopped for reasons of safety. Entry fees are not refundable, however.

6. Communication on Cycle Tour related matters will be done by e-mail or sms. It is your responsibility to keep your contact details up to date.

7. All photographic or video material of participants made by the organisers or their assignees during any activity deemed to be part of the Cape Argus Pick n Pay Cycle Tour and other official Lifecycle Week activities, shall be free for use by the organisers in any matter relating to the Cycle Tour and Lifecycle Week activities at any time in the present or future.

8. You may not ride in reverse direction on the route, even after finishing.

9. You may not ride the course a second time after finishing.

10. You may not wear a timing chip that does not belong to you. Chips worn by the wrong person will be blacklisted.

The problem with the second lap is that the Organizers cater for a certain amount of cyclists......if 10% do a double' date=' the back markers will not have water/coke/barones.

[/quote']

Do you take coke/water/barones on your first lapConfused

29.4 Impose additional penalties including a fine of up to R1 000.00 and/or recommend to the Cape Town Cycle Tour Trust that the person shall not be eligible to compete in the Cycle Tour in future.

haha ... ill be a racer the first time, and weekend warrior the second....if we allowed to do the double Confused

[/quote']

generaly the guys doing a second lap didnt stop the first time round so surely are just using the facilitys that have been catered for unless the organisers dont cater for quarter of the field who dont stop once during the race 

i ride the second lap to do it with my girlfriend who only rides her bike once a year at argus and we do it for photos and for good laughs it even takes us 6 hours so yea its just for the vibe

Took off my chip lastyear for the second lap of the 94.7 but left my number' date=' Had a lot of fun chatting stopping at the water points and going over the line with my wife (priceless).

If it is possible I will do a second Argus lap with her.

[/quote']

I will be doing two laps this year too. Once racing and the second to catch my wife and then help out and enjoy the vibe.

Last year i didnt race, it was her first year, I rode my mtb and helped ppl fix punctures and pushed ppl up hills and stuff. All the fun is at the back. Plus when else can you get 220km of road closure!!

[/quote']

generaly the guys doing a second lap didnt stop the first time round so surely are just using the facilitys that have been catered for unless the organisers dont cater for quarter of the field who dont stop once during the race 

Absolutely aggree. I wont stop for water, or massges on my first lap...so I'll just be going around again to get what I should've stopped for the first time!

Conditions of Entry

1. To compete in the Cycle Tour, you must be born in 1996 or earlier (you must be born in 1998 or earlier if riding on a tandem with an adult).

2. You are required to complete the course within 7 hours to be awarded a result and finishing certificate.

3. There are no refunds.

4. If you are unable to take part in the event and wish to have your entry substituted, you may ask the substitute to reimburse you but you may not ask for more than what you originally paid for your entry. Please make sure that the substitute follows the correct substitution procedure which is available from the organisers. If the correct procedure is not adhered to and the substitute rider is found riding illegally, both parties could be prosecuted.****off!!!!!!!!

5. The Tour will take place regardless of bad weather and will only be cancelled, re-routed or stopped for reasons of safety. Entry fees are not refundable, however.

6. Communication on Cycle Tour related matters will be done by e-mail or sms. It is your responsibility to keep your contact details up to date.

7. All photographic or video material of participants made by the organisers or their assignees during any activity deemed to be part of the Cape Argus Pick n Pay Cycle Tour and other official Lifecycle Week activities, shall be free for use by the organisers in any matter relating to the Cycle Tour and Lifecycle Week activities at any time in the present or future.

8. You may not ride in reverse direction on the route, even after finishing.

9. You may not ride the course a second time after finishing.

10. You may not wear a timing chip that does not belong to you. Chips worn by the wrong person will be blacklisted.

[/quote']

Absolutely aggree. I wont stop for water, or massges on my first lap...so I'll just be going around again to get what I should've stopped for the first time!

you dont think this will just add to the number of people on the road ? Making it even more tricky for people who have problems handling their bikes when totally knackered?

[/quote'] you pay 290 for an entry i dont think a second round with even make 100