Pretoria danger areas

Evan Andreou

The incident I mentioned came through on the two-way Saturday evening after 20:00 . I did not follow up as I was on the road . Let me see if I can get more info because I cannot believe there could have three separate incidents at the same place in such short period , but not impossible 

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The incident I mentioned came through on the two-way Saturday evening after 20:00 . I did not follow up as I was on the road . Let me see if I can get more info because I cannot believe there could have three separate incidents at the same place in such short period , but not impossible 

Ahh ok. The nurse told me about it at around 6pm Sat afternoon. So it must have been a separate incident.

Don't think it's the same people. The couple I'm talking about was older, the guy is a "Dominee" of some sort, older people if I understood correctly. And they were attacked while cycling. Unfortunately she can't give me names etc due to confidentiality. 

I can understand names but if we can get the times and locations then it will help to identify patterns which can help us.

I can understand names but if we can get the times and locations then it will help to identify patterns which can help us.

Will try get more info. Will speak to her tonight and get back to you ASAP.

So I guess cycling alone on the tracks is still not a good idea :( . Anybody planning on being out on trails this week in the pm after 4 or mornings sometime?  Maybe we should get the KK Whatapp group going again so we can at least know if there is people out on the trails?

I'll be out there tomorrow morning from about 6 till 6.30 (KK is our turn around point), too short to form part of a group but at least it's another body on the road. We come in from Waterkloof's side and normally take the singletrack on the left (after the 1st turn) that leads down to the R21 gate then back on the tar over KK home. I am seriously considering skipping the singletrack due to the attacks (we're 2 guys together)

I'll be out there tomorrow morning from about 6 till 6.30 (KK is our turn around point), too short to form part of a group but at least it's another body on the road. We come in from Waterkloof's side and normally take the singletrack on the left (after the 1st turn) that leads down to the R21 gate then back on the tar over KK home. I am seriously considering skipping the singletrack due to the attacks (we're 2 guys together)

Thanks L.  It is hard for me to commit to a time and therefore not easy to join other cyclists at set times so it helps knowing there will be guys on the trails.  Also getting very uncomfortable doing the trails and not worth it for me to go all the way there and just stick to tar.  Don't know what to do now, KK was my last option to feel safe.  Will have to see if Wolwespruit might be a better option but first need to figure out the best road (on the bike) to get there. 

Thanks L.  It is hard for me to commit to a time and therefore not easy to join other cyclists at set times so it helps knowing there will be guys on the trails.  Also getting very uncomfortable doing the trails and not worth it for me to go all the way there and just stick to tar.  Don't know what to do now, KK was my last option to feel safe.  Will have to see if Wolwespruit might be a better option but first need to figure out the best road (on the bike) to get there. 

From where ?

Don't you feel safe at Groenies? Can buy a year pass for R770 which I think is reasonable and a decent size loop to ride too. Never felt threatened there.

Would be great thanks

Got my facts wrong the 1st time sorry guys. It was the students that was attacked. They were on the benches and it was around 17:00. No idea how I got that confused :oops:

I would recommend Groenies or Red Barn

I would recommend Groenies or Red Barn

I cycle to work (CSIR in Lynnwood Ridge) and then go for a training ride in the afternoons after work, so Red Barn is not an option but will see if Groenkloof will work.  Thanks for the advice

Got my facts wrong the 1st time sorry guys. It was the students that was attacked. They were on the benches and it was around 17:00. No idea how I got that confused :oops:

Cool. No problem. At least we get an idea.  The whole concept if the trails being the unsafe area is a misconception as I now know of two attacks on the tarred section. Would be great to know which set of benches.